Homebrew FBI Error on 11.9 3ds

Bittensoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have a 3ds on 11.9 that I recently homebrewery. I have two versions of FBI that currently do not work and therefore I can't install two CIAs I made using ROM hacks that are not in the eshop.

The original versión ofversion of FBI has the error that states:

Kernel backdoor not installed. Please run a kernel exploit and try again.

The other version of FBI comes with Fasthax and the error it states is:

Failed to initialize services: D8E06406

I only have an Android and a Chromebook to work with and the Homebrew was installed after I updated to 11.9. any help that is convenient would be much appreciated.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I have a 3ds on 11.9 that I recently homebrewery. I have two versions of FBI that currently do not work and therefore I can't install two CIAs I made using ROM hacks that are not in the eshop.

The original versión ofversion of FBI has the error that states:

Kernel backdoor not installed. Please run a kernel exploit and try again.

The other version of FBI comes with Fasthax and the error it states is:

Failed to initialize services: D8E06406

I only have an Android and a Chromebook to work with and the Homebrew was installed after I updated to 11.9. any help that is convenient would be much appreciated.
unless you have cfw on the console. userland entry is not going to have the kernal access to use fbi. dont matter if its .3dsx or .cia

Bittensoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide, and now in the Homebrew launcher, nothing seems to open. Every time I try to launch a Homebrew software, like FBI, the bottom screen flashes red and it returns to the Homebrew menu

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How far are you into the guide? Walk us through which steps you've followed. You gotta follow the guide entirely, from start to finish. You should only be using the Homebrew Launcher to launch FBI one time during the guide.

ace9094

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the guide, and now in the Homebrew launcher, nothing seems to open. Every time I try to launch a Homebrew software, like FBI, the bottom screen flashes red and it returns to the Homebrew menu

I have the exact same issue :( I followed the guide and hit a wall at the below:

During Finalizing Setup I got to the Step 13 where it says "You can now restore the Download Play" I done that then when I tried follow Step 14 that is when I hit the wall.

I did try to complete the steps again, however when running Section IV - Flashing FIRM
Step 2: "
Launch Frogtool from the list of homebrew" I get a message stating CFW is already installed :(

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
ace

Last edited by ace9094,

ace9094

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Launch god mode holding Start then install FBI to Health & Safety, then install the Homebrew Channel CIA etc and continue following guide :)

Bittensoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the fix, I didn't want anything but FBI on my 3ds, so I skipped a few steps (which were unnecessary because I don't want gm9 or anything else there) and went straight to the Download play app and used the L+Down+Select exploit for Luna 9.1. after that I went to the miscallaneous setting and did the Change hb to this title thing. Restarted download play and FBI worked. I love it because all I wanted was to install Mother 1 and Mother 3 CIAs.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. DO NOT pick and choose which parts of the guide to follow. The guide has you copy over GM9 for a reason. Have fun with your broken RTC and complete lack of NAND backup in the event of a brick, to say nothing of the other basic functionality GM9 provides, like the ability to boot your 3DS without the SD card inserted....

You can remove GM9 after following the guide, if you really want to, but not taking an essential file backup/fixing RTC is madness. Don’t be a special snowflake. Follow the guide in full, removing the homebrew apps you genuinely don’t want after completing the entire thing. When you fully understand what the apps do.

A partial list of essential apps the guide has you run/install:

The app that fixes the DSP sound thingy

FBI

GM9

The app that resets the RTC

Nice to haves:

Luma Updater

Homebrew Launcher

Last edited by blahblah,

loganm80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I recently installed homebrew on my 11.9.042-U new 2ds using the jack sorrell video, and the submarine game. However I've now read I cannot install FBI or apps that require FBI, with the homebrew (so what is it good for?).. I want to proceed with the 3ds.hacks.guide but want to make sure the things i have done with this previous method aren't going to cause issues going forward? And if so what to do

I realize this thread is 2 months old but was the google result when i searched for my issue

thanks a lot

edit-link removed

Last edited by loganm80,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I recently installed homebrew on my 11.9.042-U new 2ds using the jack sorrell video, and the submarine game. However I've now read I cannot install FBI or apps that require FBI, with the homebrew (so what is it good for?).. I want to proceed with the 3ds.hacks.guide but want to make sure the things i have done with this previous method aren't going to cause issues going forward? And if so what to do

I realize this thread is 2 months old but was the google result when i searched for my issue

thanks a lot

edit-link removed

I have no idea what video you followed. Could you link it?

PauliusA

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hello guys!

I recently installed homebrew 11.9 with Sub Wars app and I installed FBI, but when I launch it in the bottom screen it just stays red. I don't know how to fix it so anybody can help me?

TylerFurrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!

I recently installed homebrew 11.9 with Sub Wars app and I installed FBI, but when I launch it in the bottom screen it just stays red. I don't know how to fix it so anybody can help me?
You need to install CFW, follow the guide at 3ds.guide for your current version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol