FBI APP

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kennerc, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Kennerc
    OP

Kennerc Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    Brazil
    I Updated the FBI app, now I have two FBIs, I believe this is the right thing, since one is the HSinjected and the other the new version.
    It's possible, and recomended, to remove the injected one?

2. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    I'm keeping 'em 2 n seeing no problems.

3. Kennerc
    OP

Kennerc Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    Brazil
    On the noob's paradise thread there was a reply tha solved this :faceplam: :

"Okay just making sure if you are okay sir. :)
    Since fbi installer is injected into H&S It uses the same title id as Health and safety, So when installing a cia of fbi, it installes as a new app title id and is kinda a duplicate but updated. It is easier to have it this way as updates can simply be done with the update option on the fbi menu, if you want to update the fbi injected into the H&S you would manually need to repeat the injection process with each new update which takes longer and requires a pc each time unlike the prefer method of update.
    You are also free to keep both if you wish. But only use the injected one in emergencies, for example you lose the FBI installer app on the sd card. Since the injected is stored on system nand it won't be effected by the sd card."

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    If you want it gone, remove health and safety (ctr-n-hac?), then do an official system update to get the original back...
    (there are other options too)

5. ShinyMK

ShinyMK known as @initPRAGMA

Dec 29, 2015
    Dont remove Health and Safety with FBI. Its very unsafe to do that. What you need is to find the original "hs.app" file, Since its owned by Nintendo I cant link you to one, Find it from Google (For your System Version and Model new/old), Then open up I believe EmuNAND9 or Decrypt9 cant remember which, And use the Health and Safety Injector and inject the hs.app and now you will have the original Health and Safety.

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  6. exdeath255

exdeath255 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Canada
    The Mind
    just keep it and put it in a folder with all the other useless sys apps.

7. ShinyMK

ShinyMK known as @initPRAGMA

Dec 29, 2015
    Yeah as ExDeath said just keep it as a backup incase u accidentally remove the second FBI etc

8. Ricken

Ricken Crawling from Hell, Falling from Grace

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Don't forget that they're console specific
    I guess with UUI tho it would be possible to inject an official Health and Safety.cia into a backup of the current OP's H&S.app

9. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    They're not, but they're region and title-version specific

Ricken likes this.
  10. Kennerc
    OP

Kennerc Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    Brazil
    Too much trouble better leave it alone. Thanks guys.

GilgameshArcher and Ricken like this.