FBI 3dsx version

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by angelus kun, Jun 7, 2017.

1. angelus kun
    OP

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    how i can enable permissions to CTRNAND modifications and online QR installations of cias with FBI 3dsx version? i have luma 8.0 B9S 1.2

2. TribstyAnn

TribstyAnn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    Why not just use the cia version if you have Luma?

3. angelus kun
    OP

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    because the cia title dosent exist, and nintendo could see my title history

4. TribstyAnn

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    How are you accessing homebrew then? They'll see if you have the homebrew luancher cia installed, or the luma updater cia. And unless I'm misunderstanding you, there is indeed an FBI cia. I'm have it installed on my 3ds home menu.

Quantumcat and KunoichiZ like this.
  5. angelus kun
    OP

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    im access to homebrew launcher with rosalina explot of luma cfw 8.0 and i can spoof homebrew launcher with every original app soo i think its more secure

6. TribstyAnn

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    But just having CFW isn't completely safe, and if you have any custom homebrew cias installed adding another one won't be any different. Plus you can do things to protect yourself from being banned, like shutting off those settings, and turning off wi-fi when you are using homebrew apps. If you don't play online much then the ban won't affect you anyways.

7. angelus kun
    OP

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    ok :/

8. TribstyAnn

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
  9. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    If you care about Nintendo checking your activity log you might as well not use the console at all. Just use the cia version buddy

Dude1452, Quantumcat and neim81094 like this.
  10. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    I have to disagree, based on the survey data that was collected during the banwave it seems very plausible that Nintendo was simply banning based off of invalid title ids, most likely found either in the activity log or by sharing the current game being played. Yes there are other methods that Nintendo may or may not have used (checking to see if the title id was purchased in the eShop, checking to see if a CIA was only released on a cart, etc.) but I think simply avoiding installing any invalid titles is probably worthwhile.

I think you can get your FBI 3dsx working if you run udsploit first. I could be wrong though, may depend on your system version. Let me know if that works for you, I've been interested in trying but haven't had the time.

SaffronXL, phalk and VictorMoreno015 like this.
  11. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    if you're on Luma 8.0 and run the new homebrewmenu via Rosalina then the FBI 3dsx version will just work. I have tested it.

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Another thing you could try is using Godmode9 to inject the FBI cia into the health and safety app. Then just run it from there.

13. angelus kun
    OP

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    it dosent work at all :( i cant install cias with qr codes and i cant write files to my CTRNAND and i cant launch system or cias apps

14. neim81094

neim81094 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    United States
    The way it would work you would need to downgrade your 3DS to 9.2 and never update it. That's the only system that allows 3dsx arm9 applications

15. angelus kun
    OP

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    really? D: noooo i read on fbi thread luma should patch kernel services for 3dsx apps @Steveice10 says that :/

16. phalk

phalk Handheld Maniac

Apr 23, 2009
    Brazil
    I don't know what you've been doing angelus kun, but mine works (at least QR installation) as I have done it using rosalina hbmenu.
    It might give you an error during installation but the ticket will be installed regardless of that. Just go to the tickets menu and it'll be there in red (uninstalled ticket). You can then select it and tell FBI to install from there.

17. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    If you actually play your 3DS online I would highly recommend not to listen to the first two people. Nintendo already stated before that they have access to your Activity Log when there was that Sun and Moon banwave. People were also banned when they played FE: Echoes days before its release. I wouldn't recommend it but to play it safe inject it on the H&S app since its still has a Nintendo verified title ID.

18. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Follow what the guide says about injecting FBI into H&S. Then install the FBI .cia.

19. angelus kun
    OP

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    i heard about injection on H&S app but then the system needs to update itself because the modded H&S app

20. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    it's just the icon will be wrong until the icon cache gets refreshed. but it will launch the right app immediately.

angelus kun likes this.