Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sinkhead said:
Urza is a cool guy. Rude, but pretty much always right. Not really the correct attitude for a staff member though...
urza.jpg

Urza agrees

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think he was okay.
I never noticed him being overly offensive or behaving like an asshole...But then again I never paid any special attention to his posts...
And to be honest, I'd prefer any staff member to be harsh to new members instead of rolling out the red carpet for them, since 90% of them are only here to waste our time with questions they could easily answer themselves if they tried.

All I'm seeing in this topic is unnecessary drama and people who don't appreciate all the work he did for GBAtemp..THAT's behaving like assholes.
Now, I don't know what kind of drama there was behind the scenes, but it's sad that it had to go this far
sleep.gif

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
I talked to Urza on AIM for a moment, he said GBAtemp.net is probably dead to him forever.

I'll miss him though, he was the only one that did a lot of homebrew news.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Vater Unser said:
And to be honest, I'd prefer any staff member to be harsh to new members instead of rolling out the red carpet for them, since 90% of them are only here to waste our time with questions they could easily answer themselves if they tried.

All I'm seeing in this topic is unnecessary drama and people who don't appreciate all the work he did for GBAtemp..THAT's behaving like assholes.
Now, I don't know what kind of drama there was behind the scenes, but it's sad that it had to go this far
sleep.gif
This.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want this thread to turn out like it did. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it were locked.

I kind of just wanted to remember funny moments from an over-all funny dude. He had his prick moments but don't we all?

I'm not picking sides or anything I kind of feel like this thread is contributing to negativity that doesn't really belong on the forums.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
PizzaPasta said:
I didn't want this thread to turn out like it did. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it were locked.

I kind of just wanted to remember funny moments from an over-all funny dude. He had his prick moments but don't we all?

I'm not picking sides or anything I kind of feel like this thread is contributing to negativity that doesn't really belong on the forums.

He just had them a lot more than most people.

I'm gonna have to side with PizzaPasta on this one too. Urza was a prick but he did a lot for GBAtemp, especially for the magazine staff.
He was always a prick to people but only got worse when you deserve it. Otherwise its just an annoying character trait.

Anyone else find JPH a tad bit spiteful in this thread?

S

ScuberSteve

Sinkhead said:
Urza is a cool guy. Rude, but pretty much always right. Not really the correct attitude for a staff member though...
[quote name='Vater Unser' post='1260982' date='Jul 9 2008, 03:48 A

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
ScuberSteve said:
Sinkhead said:
Do you enjoy failing?

Yeah, what happened there?

S

ScuberSteve

PizzaPasta said:
fischju said:
ScuberSteve said:
Sinkhead said:
Do you enjoy failing?

Yeah, what happened there?

D/C'd in the middle of communication between server and client.
I have no idea what I was going to write.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PizzaPasta said:
GBAtemp is a great forum site but sometimes it can get a bit annoying. Especially when people are only using a site as a means to figure out what flash cart they should buy and riddle us all with questions that could easily be answered by clicking "search." It's hard for us users to have to sift through millions of threads about whether or not GBA "emulation" is possible only using a Slot-1 device or why Earthbound Zero won't work in NesDS.

This is where Urza comes in.

I've only been on the forums for a few months now but in that short time I've developed a love for Urza. It's almost as if you can hear his sigh of patient, impatience from across the internets. I'm not usually a fan of flaming but in Urza's case; I'm glad he's here keeping the n00bs in check.

I talk about him to people that don't even use the forums and sometimes, I bore my girlfriend at dinner with stories of how Urza totally gave it to someone that day.

I have a lot of favorites but this is my absolute, top favorite Urza flame ever:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=875...t=0&start=0

It's post number 2.

Please post your favorites as well.
That is.. beautiful..

Since I saw his post I wanted to be like that.
But I can't.
Sure, I'm a douche and I hate on everyone irl, but on the internet I'm just so much nicer and calmer.
Damn decency.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JPH said:
Sinkhead said:
urza.jpg

Urza agrees
Is that seriously Urza? Kewl.

My favourite Urza moment was when... I dunno, all his posts? Sure he was an ass sometimes, but he did help around.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
I think he was okay.
I never noticed him being overly offensive or behaving like an asshole...But then again I never paid any special attention to his posts...

sleep.gif
QFT

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza was one of my favorite members, he was always right. And he was very helpful as well, so long as you don't act like a dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...