Favorite Homebrew Developer

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Dwight, Dec 17, 2008.

Dec 17, 2008

Favorite Homebrew Developer by Dwight at 11:05 PM (808 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Dwight
    OP

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    For me, it's easily t4ils. StillAlive was the first piece of homebrew, and sadly, it set the curve for what I wanted in homebrew, which saddened my, since not much could live up to it. Aside from his brilliant port of portal, I love how he releases his homebrew. Instead of releasing a new version whenever the smallest thing is added, he waits until he has something that the players will enjoy before he updates.
    Also, I love how he released his finished version of StillAlive before releasing any demos or anything, and then kept building his game up from there. I hate when developers are so excited to get a game released that they put all their effort into a decent demo, and then lose the patience to do anything else.

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Kukulcan, definitely. He mainly does little puzzle games, the kind you can just pick up and play, but what amazes me is just how much he's done and how well polished each one is. He's got a fantastic graphic artist working with him, and between them they've churned out some damn pretty games.

In close second would be Jens Andersson, the guy behind Colors. It was a brilliant idea to extend the usage of the DS's stylus and he managed to pull it off just right. Namebly by figuring out how to get pressure sensitivity working on the DS's touchscreen. I can't draw for shit on it, but people who know what they're doing have done some amazing stuff with his application.

3. cod4r

Newcomer cod4r Member

United States
    My favorite homebrew developer is nintendork32. I don't know what homebrews he made but he's my favorite homebrew developer.

4. nintendork32

Newcomer nintendork32 Newbie

United States
    *Ahem* WTF? You screwed me off, I screwed you off, I thought of eachother worse then me and PrinceGohan. I haven't made anything(I haven't had time, and just started) and cannot see why you would choose me!

5. cod4r

Newcomer cod4r Member

United States
    Because I felt like it.

6. Joshunar

Newcomer Joshunar Advanced Member

United States
    I like Jens Anderson too because of colors, but the persom who made Axe had a pretty good idea so i like them for that.

7. BassAceGold

Member BassAceGold Testicles

Canada
    Sumiguchi is my favorite developer for making Video Games Hero [​IMG]