• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,493
  • Replies 44
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
personally, my favorite english accent is Texan, and my favorite spanish accent is the one from Monterrey

Reactions: Mama Looigi
D

Deleted User

OP
German and French.

British English. ^_^

...for...reasons :blush:
Which one?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Argentinian Spanish, it's the closest Spanish gets to Italian. And I love the Italian accent.
There's Catalan, but it's not really Spanish, just shares words of the Latin vocab.

Irish maybe? They're tough to understand though.
Probably not this.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Portuguese Brazileiro, not Portugal Portuguese (can't understand a single thing)

In english... I think that I'm neutral about it but I like the way English english sounds.

I hate the way Indi sounds, and I can't tolerate spain/argentina/south america spanish.

Last edited by JuanMena,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I like the British English accents. Strong ones are both charming and amusing.

Canadian accent amuses me (save for the French one, just sounds garbled nonsense even if it is more traditional than French from France).
As a Canadian speaking French I agree.

D

Deleted User

OP
Portuguese Brazileiro, not Portugal Portuguese (can't understand a single thing)

In english... I think that I'm neutral about it but I like the way English english sounds.

I hate the way Indi sounds, and I can't tolerate spain/argentina/south america spanish.

Bailar con Cesar>All other 31 minutos songs, though they all are great

D

Deleted User

OP
Ur mum's obviously.

Canadian accent amuses me (save for the French one, just sounds garbled nonsense even if it is more traditional than French from France).
Finnish accent amuses me too.
even when they're speaking french it's garbled nonsense, we call it frenglish for a reason

for me it's either german or russian, but my boyfriend is german so i might be biased

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
For my Country:

Weanarisch und Mundart
(Vienna and Austrian Dialect) icecream.gif

Other:

French sounds sooo adorable.:rofl2:

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
German and French.

Which one?

There's Catalan, but it's not really Spanish, just shares words of the Latin vocab.

Probably not this.

Not Gaeilge, no. Although it's a pretty cool language.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm watching a Western film featuring Clint Eastwood, and a Native Indian man and woman. The woman speaks in Navajo.

Man, the Navajo language sounds beautiful and so smooth.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be fair we probably all know that when an American, or to a marginally lesser extent Canadian, says that they either mean received pronunciation (think the Queen or the BBC news reporter) or Estuary English (not quite as posh as RP but... basically still RP). The sort of thing you see in a film as either as a villain, an attractive young science/medic/historian lady wearing a rather tight top (and probably still a villain), something from a public school (note public=private elsewhere in the world because complicated historical reasons, though there are such things as true private schools. The thing that the vast majority of the population goes to is known as a state school), a period piece or maybe a visiting doctor. Some minor exceptions if they met cockney from a Guy Ritchie film (though most won't use rhyming slang) or maybe whatever Wallace and Gromit are supposed to be but that is unlikely to be called British English.

Show them Welsh, Somerset (though they will probably think pirate), Mancunian, East Anglia (though they might think that is Somerset/Devon), Essex, Liverpudlian (that was the Scouse one I linked above, though neither was particularly strong), Birmingham (Brummie), Newcastle, the various Scottish efforts (never mind the Scots language stuff*), Yorkshire and... lost is usually how that goes, especially if the speaker has a thick accent or does not downplay it. Let's not even start with Northern Ireland.

*there is some debate as to whether that is a separate language, note it is a different concept to the Scottish Gaelic, and even if it is not then it is really quite close to the edge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1