Hacking Fatal Frame 4 English Translation Patch

huh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues getting this working on USB Loader GX (most recent update). Every time I try I get a black screen and the remote turns off (tried changing language, 002, ISO reload, etc...). Any settings/config suggestions. It works fine on WiiFlow (249) and NeoGamma R8 RC1 with default settings.

Thanks!

ng80092a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm using the guide on page 6 or so to build a full english dvd, i'm copying the files on each patch folder to the respective rls item etc folder
but as you have sometimes 3 folders as a source for one folder receiving the files ask to be overwritten, what should i do?

ng80092a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so i did all the procedure, but once i got my backup into the dvd slot, i get a black screen reading "Dvd disc error, press the eject button and turn off the console, refering it to the vendor/manufacturer crap"

actually its exactly this

An error has occurred please press the eject button and remove the disk. turn the wii console off and refer to the manual'

johnr283

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lachinay said:
Just to let you guys know: I've got an hard-modded Wii (old WiiKey), so I could have just run the patch from SD. Out of laziness and curiosity I downloaded the pre-patched ISO from the torrent (Could have patched myself offline, but as I said I'm lazy).

I trucha-opened cios36 with Trucha Bug Restorer 1.11 (and wads downloaded with NUSD_v13Beta)

I installed wakinkoko cios 249 with cIOS38_rev17-Installer (again, wad d/led with NUSD)

I launched the game with NeoGamma r7

it works fine!

all of this has been done with an offline wii, btw.

I also have wiikey. I patched the ISO myself but I didn't work with just wiikey. I worked with the wiikey and the SD Patch though. You said you launched the game with NeoGamma, even though you have wiikey. Does this mean that I can't use wiikey alone launch the patched game? Will I still have to use the SD Patch, or did I patch the ISO wrong.
Hope this doesn't sound to cunfusing.

John

MewtwoEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey I know where to download the already patched game, it works perfectly, i cant post links but google wiisos dot com, its in spanish but just go to ¨juegos¨ and scroll through the pages and you wil find it

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
anyone else having trouble with mission 8-1?
One of the 3 ghosts that's supposed to appear does not, I defeat the first two and then I am left to run around til time runs out and I fail the mission

mugwhump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Whenever I try to move my save data off my SD card back onto my Wii, it says "The data may not have been copied/moved" (and it never is). I've read about others having this problem too, but haven't found any definite solution.

All the saves I've found are in .bin format, so I can't use the Savegame manager... any ideas?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugwhump said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Whenever I try to move my save data off my SD card back onto my Wii, it says "The data may not have been copied/moved" (and it never is). I've read about others having this problem too, but haven't found any definite solution.

All the saves I've found are in .bin format, so I can't use the Savegame manager... any ideas?

Sometimes you have to create a save file of the game first before you can ever copy an existing save file. So start the game, make a quick save and see if it works from there.

mugwhump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anakir said:
mugwhump said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sometimes you have to create a save file of the game first before you can ever copy an existing save file. So start the game, make a quick save and see if it works from there.
?
I've had the save file on my wii before (indeed, I'm trying to get it back on). But obviously I can't have it on my wii, because then when I move my SD card save onto the wii it'll just say "data already exists."

I'm not using any homebrew save managers just so you know (since my save is .bin)

TGman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hey guys, i downloaded the patched game and it works fine in the first chapter (soft moded) after that the girl keeps turning around in circles (the 180 degree turn with the nunck) and i cant play anymore
frown.gif
is this due to a bad burn or what?

YooperDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The website has been down for a while now. Does anyone have the original Offline Translation Pack or know where to find it?

http://zero4.higashinoeden.com/ = dead

NOTE: I don't want and am not asking for a patched iso or any other illegal files. I merely want the Translation Pack so I can enjoy Fatal Frame 4 in English. Thanks.

EDIT: Answering my own question, http://uncensoredgamers.com/2010/01/fatl-f...nslation-patch/ I have not tested these yet though.

em1138

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use the Fatal Frame 4 eng patch loader, but my disc keeps getting ejected. It loads fine through normal loader. Anyone know how to solve this?

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm fairly new to Wii game modding, but I have experience with DSLazy, UMDGenv4 and a bit of Xpert2. Let me see if I got this straight:

- I need Wiiscrubber 1.4 and partionbuilder 1.2 to do this at all.
- Wiiscrubber opens up the ISO and gives me access to the files.
- Due to Wiiscrubber's limitation of single file extraction, it's better to extract the whole partition containing the needed files
- Swap the original files in the partition with the patched ones using partitionbuilder 1.2
- Save the new partition you made and swap it with the one you originally extracted
- Create a new ISO

Correct? This is the way I've been reading it from browsing the thread. Can someone confirm this for me?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From what I understand, I believe that is how to make a translated FF4 ISO, but I haven't actually tried it myself to verify thpugh.

As for the file swapping part, you extract all the files from the partition with Wiiscrubber, then just copy and paste the modified files in windows explorer, then use partitionbuilder to build a partition from the directory containing all the files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock