Xfox1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone,

I was trying to update my Atmosphere from 0.16 to 0.19 but before doing that I was tring to update my Switch Firmware, I don't remember what version i had before the update, I think it was the 11.
Anyway, while rebooting for the update of the Switch firmware the screen turned black and a message appeared.

I updated Atmosphere anyway and tried to boot it with the fuse-primary (injected with a RCMloader), but the screen turned again black with this message:

"A fatal error occurred when runing Atmosphere
Program Id: 0100000000000003
Error desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
Report save to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_00000000073a7dc0.bin

Press POWER to reboot"

Any idea why this happened?
I attached the report but i don't know how to open it.

Thank you guys in advance.

Attachments

• report_00000000073a7dc0.7z
    427 bytes · Views: 365

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going on your sd to atmosphere/contents. Delete the folder named in the program ID in the error. If that doesn't work or you don't have that folder. Start fresh

Reactions: MartySince87

Xfox1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi kidkat, thank you for your answer.

I don't have it.

What do you mean by start fresh? I had a NAND backup and trying to restore it with heckate.
There is no content inside /restore/partitions though, is it normal? I only have BOOT0, BOOT1 and rawbin.

Edit: Actually the switch starts now and the firmware is 12.1.0 but i can't make Atmosphere start

Edit2: Seems like that some files on the SD were corrupted. I run the windows automatic process to fix them and then deleted /sept and /atmosphere and now it starws again normally. But games won't run.

Also, it always start directly to Atmosphere without passing through Heckate, is there a way to prevent it? I want to pass throug heckat at every boot. I was trying to update the patches () but when i restart to payload it keepts running atmospehre.

Last edited by Xfox1,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi kidkat, thank you for your answer.

I don't have it.

What do you mean by start fresh? I had a NAND backup and trying to restore it with heckate.
There is no content inside /restore/partitions though, is it normal? I only have BOOT0, BOOT1 and rawbin.

Edit: Actually the switch starts now and the firmware is 12.1.0 but i can't make Atmosphere start

Edit2: Seems like that some files on the SD were corrupted. I run the windows automatic process to fix them and then deleted /sept and /atmosphere and now it starws again normally. But games won't run.

Also, it always start directly to Atmosphere without passing through Heckate, is there a way to prevent it? I want to pass throug heckat at every boot. I was trying to update the patches () but when i restart to payload it keepts running atmospehre.

For your "games" you need the latest sigpatches either for fusee or for hekate (whatever you use). To make it boot to hekate with reboot to payload, just take hekate payload an rename it to reboot_payload.bin and place it inside /atmosphere (overwriting the previous one).

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: burhansalih

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi everyone,

I was trying to update my Atmosphere from 0.16 to 0.19 but before doing that I was tring to update my Switch Firmware, I don't remember what version i had before the update, I think it was the 11.
Anyway, while rebooting for the update of the Switch firmware the screen turned black and a message appeared.

I updated Atmosphere anyway and tried to boot it with the fuse-primary (injected with a RCMloader), but the screen turned again black with this message:

"A fatal error occurred when runing Atmosphere
Program Id: 0100000000000003
Error desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
Report save to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_00000000073a7dc0.bin

Press POWER to reboot"

Any idea why this happened?
I attached the report but i don't know how to open it.

Thank you guys in advance.
Do you have a custom theme? When updating you must uninstall the custom theme or it will conflict.

Xfox1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For your "games" you need the latest sigpatches either for fusee or for hekate (whatever you use). To make it boot to hekate with reboot to payload, just take hekate payload an rename it to reboot_payload.bin and place it inside /atmosphere (overwriting the previous one).

Thank you for your answer. I downloaded the latest version of heckate (ghub/CTCaer/Hekate/releases/) and put inside my SD, then i copied the hecakte bin inside the /atmosphere and renamed accordingly to what you said, but when i restart it to payload the screen remains black. Any suggestion?

For what concerns the "games" i used these the newest sigpatches (gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-primary-fusee-secondary.571543/) and everything started working again.

Do you have a custom theme? When updating you must uninstall the custom theme or it will conflict.

No i didn't have any custom theme.
Thank you for you answer anyway :)

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thank you for your answer. I downloaded the latest version of heckate (ghub/CTCaer/Hekate/releases/) and put inside my SD, then i copied the hecakte bin inside the /atmosphere and renamed accordingly to what you said, but when i restart it to payload the screen remains black. Any suggestion?

For what concerns the "games" i used these the newest sigpatches (gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-primary-fusee-secondary.571543/) and everything started working again.

No i didn't have any custom theme.
Thank you for you answer anyway :)
When you use reboot to payload from hb menu, it just reboots to a payload that is inside /atmosphere and named reboot_payload. You can reboot to any payload you want with this app but your payload of choice has to be named reboot_payload. It works and its very straightforward, i've just tested it myself just to make sure its working. Get any payload you want, rename it to reboot_payload.bin and place it inside /atmosphere.

Last edited by bad361,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When you use reboot to payload from hb menu, it just reboots to a payload that is inside /atmosphere and named reboot_payload. You can reboot to any payload you want with this app but your payload of choice has to be named reboot_payload. It works and its very straightforward, i've just tested it myself just to make sure its working. Get any payload you want, rename it to reboot_payload.bin and place it inside /atmosphere.
It also reboots to that payload after a crash or if you select restart in the Switch power menu, if that option is enabled in the Atmosphere config. No need for homebrew to do it.

Xfox1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did it with the latest version of heckate (github/CTCaer/Hekate/releases/), but my question is, the payload (the bin file) is sufficient to start heckate? Or does it need other files? I ask this because inside the zip of the latest version of heckate there is bootloader folder too.

It seems I can't start it either when injecting with an RCM loader.

It also reboots to that payload after a crash or if you select restart in the Switch power menu, if that option is enabled in the Atmosphere config. No need for homebrew to do it.
I see, so the heckate menu is just the payload that can be injected? No other files?

Am I using the correct one? Could you give me a link of the one you use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou