Fatal error browser gateway exploit.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Duhasst0, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Duhasst0
    OP

Duhasst0 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Not really sure where this would go, but here we go. I picked up a used 3ds, the 25th anniversary model, used the launch.date and gateway.gd exploit stuff to go in thru the browser to backup my nand, format emunand but when I try to downgrade the console I get a fatal error could not find gateway.gd on sd. The file is there and just for good measure I made sure it was in all caps. I also don't have access to the settings app in emunand either. Any help would be appreciated.

2. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Just to make sure. Is your gateway.dg or the file needed to downgrade is on the 3ds sd or the gatways sd? It's supposed to be on the 3ds sd.

3. Duhasst0
    OP

Duhasst0 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    I don't have a flash cart as of yet, so everything is on sd or pc. What other files would I need other than launch.dat nand.bin and gateway.gd? All tuts I have read only state those files?

Edit: if needed I can post pics or vids of what I'm doing if it makes anything easier.

4. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    You only need those files. Did the md5 of the gateway.dg matches the one on gateways page?

5. Duhasst0
    OP

Duhasst0 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Bet your ass it did lol. Checked it on the pc, twice.

6. dnuch

dnuch Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2015
    United States
    its named "gateway.dg" not gateway.gd

7. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    You shouldn't have to renamed, or in uppercase, ANYTHING.

8. Duhasst0
    OP

Duhasst0 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    My bad I must have read the file name wrong, I will double check.

Edit: Although, the settings issue, shouldn't I be able to edit settings while in emunand?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well I was a little dislexic(sp) is working right now. Will report back

Edit 3: well down grade went well. Went back to 4.2, but I thought it would so 4.5, oh well. Is there something wrong if I can't enter settings in emunand? All I get is the Nintendo 3ds red wave animation when loading.

Alright so, down grade worked, but now I can't get into the gateway menu thru the browser. Could be the launch.dat file I have but it's the newest one on the site so I don't see why not unless it's something with the fw.

Last edited by Duhasst0, Jul 13, 2015
  9. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You can update to 4.5 via a cart or sysupdater but there is no reason, as far as emunand goes I would first try to update to 9.8 using 3dnus and see if that solves everything

10. Duhasst0
    OP

Duhasst0 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Alright but I just got done with the downgrade and now can't get into the gateway exploit.

11. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Do you have a ds flash card? If so install the nds profile exploit

12. Duhasst0
    OP

Duhasst0 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Nope no flash card to speak of. Just all sd.

13. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
  14. Duhasst0
    OP

Duhasst0 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Ok so after clearing my cookies and history three times back into gateway menu. I will read thru that thread now and see what's up.

Although, gw is giving me an option to modify NVRAM to launch gateway via 4.5 system settings, good idea or no?

Edit: Haven't tried the NVRAM mod yet but still can't get into settings on emunand, and I find that to be super weird. Has anyone ever had that happen to them on their 3ds?

Edit2: I think the nands are no longer linked, formatted sysnand, still can not get into settings, installed the NVRAM mod via gw menu, I honestly do not see anyway of updating even with a game cart. Emunand is 7.2 sysnand is 4.2 downgraded, I can play a link between world's without it asking to update. Ofc game cart. Is there any other software that I can try?

Last edited by Duhasst0, Jul 13, 2015