fast disrcharge

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by lequern, Nov 1, 2019.

1. lequern
    OP

lequern Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2019
    United States
    Hello, my ps vita that was bought in the summer of 2012 quickly discharges. I saw this phenomenon around 2016 after about a year's pause. I bought a new battery but the problem still persists. I even go to henkaku hack there without any change. I am trying to charge it through the adapter from the mobile with 2A but also ... Quick discharge I mean that evening charge it 100% and in the morning can not even turn on.
    i use this psp2 battery fixer from SKGleba but not working

Last edited by lequern, Nov 1, 2019
  2. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2018
    Canada
    Is it a Vita 1000 with 3G? I have heard the 3G module can drain the battery fast.

3. lequern
    OP

lequern Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2019
    United States
    yes, i have 3g but i do not use it and no sim in console

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yes but i do not use 3g and no sim in console. can you post someone fix?

4. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2018
    Canada
    It still uses power even when not in use and with no sim in it. Fix is pretty tough I heard you need to take the 3G out and mod the firmware. Have never done it myself.

5. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The 3g isn't going to cause the Vita to drain from 100% to nil overnight....

you should charge at 1.5 not 2 amp, try using an official Vita charger or alternatively charging through your PC

Last edited by Vinceherman, Nov 5, 2019
  6. lequern
    OP

lequern Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2019
    United States
    before use 2 A i use official adapter with same result

7. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2018
    Canada
  8. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    that thread confirms that a 3G battery drains slowly when turned off (i completely agree)....

it doesn't mention anywhere about a 3g Vita going from 100 to 0 overnight.....

I have several 3g vita's, yes they do drain slowly when turned off...... but it takes several weeks of them being turned off before they drain completely......

MrCokeacola likes this.
  9. lequern
    OP

lequern Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2019
    United States
    I think I should try to remove the 3g module but I will not do this because I do not know. some other solution?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted