Far Cry 6 copying save from FPKG 1.06 to PS5 retail

rmorris003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I was trying to transfer my Far Cry 6 1.06 Duplex release save file to my usb drive then to my PS5 so that I can import into the PS5 version but it keeps telling me that the save file is corrupt when trying to load it up in the PS4 version. Does anyone know what steps I should take to migrate the save file so that I do not have to risk putting my PS4 back online just to see if I can upload it to the cloud with the digital retail of the game. I do have 15717 version.

I am at 47% so I do not wish to start over as I just got my PS5 a month ago and just bought it digitally.

rmorris003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks I now figured as much as Duplex probably do not include the keystone. If I purchased the Disc I wont be able to convert the file that way by dumping the retail disc?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how that works, but without keys, we can't convert. Check the keystone and compare it with psdevwiki. It has an example with all 0s. It will only work if duplex didn't change the passcode.

rmorris003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for the answers. I am just new to the PS4 homebrew scene and thought it was straight forward to just USB over my save from my PS4 to the PS5 but I will keep doing my research so I can learn. I did dump the save with Apollo and opened using Notepad++ and it said NULL in the ID field but I will check with another program.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to use a hex editor with the keystone: https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Keystone#Sample_keystone_file

that's the most common passcode used with fpkgs, but the creator could use anything. one way to know for sure is to delete the digital version as it will force you to if you use the disc, open it, minimize it, go to mnt/pfs/pfsmnt iirc via ftp, then ftp over the keystone from app0.

edit: compare that to the keystone from the duplex one. if it's not using all 0's, ftp over the keystone in the same manner as above. do that first.

rmorris003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I see the problem now. The Duplex release is the European version and not the USA version. I looked it up and thought it was the USA one but its 15778 so I need to now merge my save file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might be able to change regions with save mounter, but I've never tried it. just take the data files or all files except for the sce_sys folder, and put them in the us region's save and overwrite. hopefully, they're named the same thing.

rmorris003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you might be able to change regions with save mounter, but I've never tried it. just take the data files or all files except for the sce_sys folder, and put them in the us region's save and overwrite. hopefully, they're named the same thing.
Thanks trying this today as I bought the Disc but Apollo save tool and the system save folder reports the title ID as 15717 and not 15778 which is why i was confused. I opened up the save file keystone and it matches the default passcode of all 0's so I think i am pretty much screwed as the save file just keeps saying corrupted and will delete if I open in the USA version.

I just renamed it to 15778 and get the corrupted message so I wonder why the Duplex release is the European but it reports the save file as the USA release? I am going to delete the save from the system install the Disc, save then try and merge the files but I expect it to tell me its corrupted.

Last edited by rmorris003,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games are like that. Tales of hearts r USA version on the vita uses the European title id. Did you try save mounter? I don't know if it will work.

rmorris003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally I got it working. I managed to export the save file data from the Duplex release using Apollo then deleted all Far Cry 6 data, install the USA Disc then started the game until it saved then I exited the game went into Apollo and imported the campaign data from the Duplex release into the retail version and got it working. After this i copied the save using the system settings to a USB imported into PS4 save on PS5 and it loaded. Uploaded in game to cloud server and downloaded back into PS5 and voila 30 hours of game play at 49% not wasted.

rmorris003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spent way too much hours learning but Modded Warfare helped with his tutorial and I now wish I had of just bought the PS4 disc instead of buying it digitally on PS5 as I own the disc and digital now lol.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to buy the digital version of tales of graces f for the ps3, since my copy is still sealed. I'm not sure if I want to break the seal.

kallek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally I got it working. I managed to export the save file data from the Duplex release using Apollo then deleted all Far Cry 6 data, install the USA Disc then started the game until it saved then I exited the game went into Apollo and imported the campaign data from the Duplex release into the retail version and got it working. After this i copied the save using the system settings to a USB imported into PS4 save on PS5 and it loaded. Uploaded in game to cloud server and downloaded back into PS5 and voila 30 hours of game play at 49% not wasted.
Hi. Im in a similar situation. I have played the game using the duplex release, but now I have installed another version and it says the save is corrupt. In Apollo there are two different save entries. One is the campaign data and one is save data and it has save data 1 and 2. Did you export to zip both the campaign data and save game 1 and 2 from the duplex release and then import both the campaign data and save 1 and 2?

rmorris003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. Im in a similar situation. I have played the game using the duplex release, but now I have installed another version and it says the save is corrupt. In Apollo there are two different save entries. One is the campaign data and one is save data and it has save data 1 and 2. Did you export to zip both the campaign data and save game 1 and 2 from the duplex release and then import both the campaign data and save 1 and 2?
I honestly spent quite a lot of hours to get it to work and I would just follow guides on youtube.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris