ROM Hack FAQ: PokeSav

Darkivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, can someone help me???
how can i turn off save compression on No$Gba so i can use my pokemon diamond save file on pokesav.
cause when i use the save file in pokesav i get an error.
Thanks

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ilovethemonkeyhe

Trophies
XP
Country
hello everybody! *hello dr... err...*

anyway, i played around with this (making everyone shiny is fun
smile.gif
) and i noticed a few things especially when you use it as a new player - i used it with a shiny puplip and now it keeps eating something before performing actions. all it's equipped with is a quick claw and whatever it's eating doesn't actually do anything (nothing gets written on the screen). personally i thought my shiny puplip (gotta love saying that) was being given drugs...

anyway, if you use this to get an imported pokemon that gives you boosted exp, i found my puplip (after resetting and starting a new game) started disobeying my orders by the time i fought my rival (i called him ralph). my shiny
smile.gif
mew and shiny
smile.gif
puplip (both level 12) were using their own moves at random or even not doing anything - just standing there while a starly beats the hell out of them.

though it is kinda funny to see mew rebel and use transform instead of good old pound

this app is great

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hello everybody! *hello dr... err...*

anyway, i played around with this (making everyone shiny is funÂ
smile.gif
) and i noticed a few things especially when you use it as a new player - i used it with a shiny puplip and now it keeps eating something before performing actions. all it's equipped with is a quick claw and whatever it's eating doesn't actually do anything (nothing gets written on the screen). personally i thought my shiny puplip (gotta love saying that) was being given drugs...

anyway, if you use this to get an imported pokemon that gives you boosted exp, i found my puplip (after resetting and starting a new game) started disobeying my orders by the time i fought my rival (i called him ralph). my shinyÂ
smile.gif
 mew and shinyÂ
smile.gif
 puplip (both level 12) were using their own moves at random or even not doing anything - just standing there while a starly beats the hell out of them.

though it is kinda funny to see mew rebel and use transform instead of good old pound

this app is great

Yes, but...

OBJECTION - You spelled Piplup wrong!
mad.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
There are people all over GTS who think their shitty pokemon's worth a lvl 100 Palkia/Dialga.
No harm in trading them one named "lol" with all stats at 1, crap moves, and no ability. =P

anyway, i played around with this (making everyone shiny is funÂ
smile.gif
Sounds like your Piplup started using the quick claw. My Chatot started doing that eventually without hax.

monertia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a problem...

My DS-X pokemon save became corrupted so I used Pokesav to repair it. After I used Pokesav, however, my characters name was changed. My characters name has an icon in it (a double ZZ) and now it appears as a "?" Now my name characters doesn't match up with the "original trainer" name. I realize that I could go through in pokesav and rename the "original trainer" for every single pokemon but I would much rather retain my original name.

Is there any way to properly insert the correct icon back into my characters name?

monertia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... doesn't seem to be working. I did Up+select+B to erase all data and then put the file in. My DS-Xtreme doesn't seem to recognize the file. Is it formatted for DS-X?

monertia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, ok. I've got a new problem now... I know this is rediculous

one or my slots that held a Blissy became empty and shows as (none) and it blocks the pokemon slot and makes me only able to have 5 pokemon in my party at a time.

So I edited the save file you made me to put a pokemon in that slot but now I'm having the same problem with my characters name

Would it be possible to reedit my name in the sav file?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gpeomw

I know ...I suck

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm, ok. I've got a new problem now... I know this is rediculous

one or my slots that held a Blissy became empty and shows as (none) and it blocks the pokemon slot and makes me only able to have 5 pokemon in my party at a time.

So I edited the save file you made me to put a pokemon in that slot but now I'm having the same problem with my characters name

I know ...I suck
Open your save file with a hex editor and change the 2 bytes at offsets 0x70 and 0x71. They should be DD 01. Make a backup of your current save just in case.

monertia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, ok. I've got a new problem now... I know this is rediculous

I know ...I suck

Open your save file with a hex editor and change the 2 bytes at offsets 0x70 and 0x71. They should be DD 01. Make a backup of your current save just in case.

this didn't work when I tried it. I am not that familliar with hex-editing but I tried to use HexEdit and change the first two bytes on the 70 row and it became a corrupt save file. I then tried to convert the save file to R4 format (since that is the same format that Urza seemed to use) with shuny's savegame converter hex edit in the same way and then convert it back to DS-X format, this made a save file that my DS-X didn't seem to recognize.

Please help?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this didn't work when I tried it. I am not that familliar with hex-editing but I tried to use HexEdit and change the first two bytes on the 70 row and it became a corrupt save file. I then tried to convert the save file to R4 format (since that is the same format that Urza seemed to use) with shuny's savegame converter hex edit in the same way and then convert it back to DS-X format, this made a save file that my DS-X didn't seem to recognize.
I opened the DS-X save in Pokesav, then checked 512k under save type and resaved it.

monertia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GAH! So I changed the save file to 512k format in pokesave, did the hex edit, then converted the save file from R4 to DS-X format. It works now but my character name STILL has the "?" at the end of it.

What am I doing wrong?

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
GAH! So I changed the save file to 512k format in pokesave, did the hex edit, then converted the save file from R4 to DS-X format. It works now but my character name STILL has the "?" at the end of it.

What am I doing wrong?

You're right, it doesn't work just by changing those 2 bytes. I forgot the CRC16 check. Make a backup of your current save just in case.

You have 2 options:

Option 1:
- Open your save file with a hex editor and change the 2 bytes at offsets 0x70 and 0x71. They should be DD 01. Save your changes.
- Open the edited save file with Pokesav. Don't change anything, just select "512 kbytes save type" and click "Save As"
- Now open the 512 kbytes with a hex editor. Remove the first half (262 144 bytes). Save the second half. This is your correct save file.

Option 2:
- Open your save file with a hex editor and change the 2 bytes at offsets 0x70 and 0x71. They should be DD 01.
- Change the 2 bytes at offsets 0xC0FE and 0xC0FF. They should be 20 C0. Save your changes, this is your correct save file.

Option 2 is quicker, but it will only work for the specific second save that you've uploaded.

In Option 1, if you save as a 256 kbytes file or just convert the 512 (R4) to DS-X format you will also get a working save displaying your "zz" stuff, but using a wrong code (11 01). According to the name in your pokemon it should be DD 01.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.