ROM Hack FAQ: PokeSav

Crunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not.

Would you rather have an official one, or one made in someone's basement? The way that it is created is what sets the two apart. All those programs do is allow someone to make a .pkm look like it was made in the game. They may use the same formulas, but they are generated with different methods, setting them apart from each other.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Crunk said:
No it's not.

Would you rather have an official one, or one made in someone's basement? The way that it is created is what sets the two apart. All those programs do is allow someone to make a .pkm look like it was made in the game. They may use the same formulas, but they are generated with different methods, setting them apart from each other.

Yo do realize pokemon are just data and there no way to tell if one was made manually or hacked?

Crunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Mew- said:
Crunk said:
No it's not.

Yo do realize pokemon are just data and there no way to tell if one was made manually or hacked?
Well, not necessarily. There used to be no way to hack them other than PokeSav either. It doesn't change that it's not a legitimate Pokemon though. It's just made the same way.

sepulveda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried to edit my .sav and went back into my cart to play it, it said that I didn't have a save. Is there any way to get my Cyclo to recognize the .sav file for SoulSilver after it being edited?

Crunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to add in my last post that it is possible to see if it's legit if it's a poor hack. There are multiple programs that check the Pokemon's hexadecimal data.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps its because PokeSav hasnt been updated yet, but i cant seem to find Mt Silver in the locations dropdown menu. I'm trying to get a Larvitar early on and i want it to look as legit as possible and say i met it in Mt Silver. Am i missing something or is it just not there?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NoSmokingBandit said:
Perhaps its because PokeSav hasnt been updated yet, but i cant seem to find Mt Silver in the locations dropdown menu. I'm trying to get a Larvitar early on and i want it to look as legit as possible and say i met it in Mt Silver. Am i missing something or is it just not there?

I'm pretty sure the new Hg/Ss locations are deteremined via hidden hex values. The location met for all them is is 3002 - Faraway Place... the game gets the actual Route/whatever from the other value:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...HG-SS-locations

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool beans. So if i wanted a Larvitar from Mt Silver i'd put the location to Faraway Place and set 46h to 89 (mt silvers value)?

I've never used Pokesav before, sorry if im being a noob
wink.gif

Lorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So SnowVXIII's Pokesav works?
If so the his AP Patch should work aswell, I hope he releases it soon.

EDIT: Just read this on his twitter:
Over 3500+ with the Pokesav now, the patch is 70% in progress and will be hopefully done as soon as. Reading comments on RFREAKS, ty guys
I hope the patch comes out next week so I can play the german version when it is on the internet.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question
smile.gif

My friend wants me to get some pokemon for him, but he has a retail cart so im going to hack them in then trade them over. Will it work if i put his trainer ID and name in Pokesav so his game will act like its his pokemon, not mine? Or would the Secret ID screw this up?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NoSmokingBandit said:
One more question
smile.gif

My friend wants me to get some pokemon for him, but he has a retail cart so im going to hack them in then trade them over. Will it work if i put his trainer ID and name in Pokesav so his game will act like its his pokemon, not mine? Or would the Secret ID screw this up?

You need to know his Secret ID, as well. To find it, just have him trade you over any Pokemon he's captured and then open it up in Pokesav to check.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Thanks a bunch for the help so far.

edit:
Ok, one more, i promise!
I need to get to GTS, but i'm not even close to Goldenrod. Would someone mind saving their game in front of GTS and letting me know the map and coordinate values so i can get there early?

UVERoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change the rivals name on HG/SS? I knew I should at least fight him and name him to the police but after that I the option still wasn't available. I thought maybe I need to fight him so he's finally labeled as "rival". but still nothing. =/

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Can anyone tell me why I can't load my Soul Silver .sav file?
I can open the Heart Gold .sav file though..

Edit: Nevermind, it works now.

Weredawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted already (haven't read the 30 prior pages) but there was something I noticed with Pokesav (I'm using the latest 0.3aC made specifically for HG/SS) but the locations for meeting and hatching are still DPPt locations. Just a heads up, and if anyone knows whether or not there has been an update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: But let's see what GabeN decides though