ROM Hack FAQ: DPS and other translations from me

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 14,061
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Q1: What do I need to get one of the translations ?
A: You need the originall untrimmed and clean rom, a DPS patch and the DPS patcher

Q2: How can I find the DPS patcher for windows ?
A: The latest version of the DPS for windows can be found here http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DPS

Q3: How can I find the latest DPS patch for a game ?
A: On each game page on my wiki, there is a list of patch releases, the latest one is the top one.

Q4: There's a bunch of file, do I have to apply them all ?
A: No only the latest.

Q5: I keep getting a "wrong file size" error, what should I do ?
A: Please refer to Q1 and be sure that you have an untrimmed version of the rom ?

Q6: I'm left with a too-small-to-be-true patched rom, what happened ?
A: It seems that there's a problem with the dps patch you are using, redownload it. At last, try to patch from another computer.

Q7: Do I have to restart my game from the beginning if I apply a new patch ? Can I keep my save file ?
A: Patching the game has no incidence with saving, these things are completly orthogonal.

Q8: The patched rom doesn't work on my card, I have a DSTT. What can you do ?
A: Me ? Not much. It's a problem with the DSTT card itself, and you should contact the neoflash team.

Q9: I'm using your FFTA2 editor and after having patch the rom, the text shows up as gibberish. What is the trouble ?
A: The gibberish is in fact the original japanese text except that I've compressed the text by replacing japanese glyphs with pairs of characters. There's no trouble at all.

Q10: In FFTA2 I don't have any text translated, is your translation a hoax ?
A: Yes it's part of bigger conspiracy involving the national baseball league. Also, have you checked all the tables when patching from the editor ?

I'll add more questions later.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There should be one more question like
"What did the addition of a GUI do for the patcher?"
the joke question is
What makes deufeufeu such an awesome rom hacker?

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
If you felt like it you could implement zero padding of wrong sized roms when -p is used. It'd make it that little bit friendlier to use.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I missed this, but is there a way for us to create our own DPS patches? I couldn't find an option for that in this program.

Llama Juice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have patches that need to be applied to GBA roms but the program won't allow for it... or am I just an idiot? I'm confused.

Wehttam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Llama Juice said:
You have patches that need to be applied to GBA roms but the program won't allow for it... or am I just an idiot? I'm confused.

No, you're just an idiot. JK.

This patcher is for NDS files not GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==