FAQ: DPS and other translations from me

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by deufeufeu, Mar 4, 2008.

1. deufeufeu
    OP

deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    Q1: What do I need to get one of the translations ?
    A: You need the originall untrimmed and clean rom, a DPS patch and the DPS patcher

Q2: How can I find the DPS patcher for windows ?
    A: The latest version of the DPS for windows can be found here http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DPS

Q3: How can I find the latest DPS patch for a game ?
    A: On each game page on my wiki, there is a list of patch releases, the latest one is the top one.

Q4: There's a bunch of file, do I have to apply them all ?
    A: No only the latest.

Q5: I keep getting a "wrong file size" error, what should I do ?
    A: Please refer to Q1 and be sure that you have an untrimmed version of the rom ?

Q6: I'm left with a too-small-to-be-true patched rom, what happened ?
    A: It seems that there's a problem with the dps patch you are using, redownload it. At last, try to patch from another computer.

Q7: Do I have to restart my game from the beginning if I apply a new patch ? Can I keep my save file ?
    A: Patching the game has no incidence with saving, these things are completly orthogonal.

Q8: The patched rom doesn't work on my card, I have a DSTT. What can you do ?
    A: Me ? Not much. It's a problem with the DSTT card itself, and you should contact the neoflash team.

Q9: I'm using your FFTA2 editor and after having patch the rom, the text shows up as gibberish. What is the trouble ?
    A: The gibberish is in fact the original japanese text except that I've compressed the text by replacing japanese glyphs with pairs of characters. There's no trouble at all.

Q10: In FFTA2 I don't have any text translated, is your translation a hoax ?
    A: Yes it's part of bigger conspiracy involving the national baseball league. Also, have you checked all the tables when patching from the editor ?

I'll add more questions later.

2. DarkSpace

DarkSpace Custom member title

Aug 23, 2007
    United States
    There should be one more question like
    "What did the addition of a GUI do for the patcher?"
    the joke question is
    What makes deufeufeu such an awesome rom hacker?

3. TSPhoenix

TSPhoenix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2007
    If you felt like it you could implement zero padding of wrong sized roms when -p is used. It'd make it that little bit friendlier to use.

4. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    Sorry if I missed this, but is there a way for us to create our own DPS patches? I couldn't find an option for that in this program.

5. Llama Juice

Llama Juice Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    You have patches that need to be applied to GBA roms but the program won't allow for it... or am I just an idiot? I'm confused.

6. Wehttam

Wehttam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2008
    United States
    Sioux Falls, SD
    No, you're just an idiot. JK.

This patcher is for NDS files not GBA.

7. Shyvnal

Shyvnal GBAtemp Regular

Apr 8, 2007
    UK, Birmingham
    4 month's late eh?

8. Oh...

Oh... Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2009
    United States
    How do you save JUS on no$?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice