TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My situation:

o3DS XL
sysNAND 9.2 + Cubic Ninja cart running Ninjhax 1.2b (I think that was the last one before 2.0)
emuNAND 9.9 + Cubic Ninja CIA running ninjhax 2.0

My question:
can the old ninjhax run the new, larger homebrew channel boot file with all the benefits of ninjhax 1.x (such as booting into rxTools) even though the boot.3dsx file is newer?

I'd test it myself but I'm actually on vacation and didn't bring my copy of CN with me, since the homebrew scene (not piracy. that's different) was mostly stagnant the last few months.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My situation:

o3DS XL
sysNAND 9.2 + Cubic Ninja cart running Ninjhax 1.2b (I think that was the last one before 2.0)
emuNAND 9.9 + Cubic Ninja CIA running ninjhax 2.0

My question:
can the old ninjhax run the new, larger homebrew channel boot file with all the benefits of ninjhax 1.x (such as booting into rxTools) even though the boot.3dsx file is newer?

I'd test it myself but I'm actually on vacation and didn't bring my copy of CN with me, since the homebrew scene (not piracy. that's different) was mostly stagnant the last few months.
Hmm... I dont know. My friend is borrowing my 8.1.0 XL and and the only system I have with me is my 9.9.0 2DS

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Q: Will there every be FBI support/an FBI alternative for Ninjhax 2.0?
A: Obviously we can't say now, but probably. A Ninjhax 2.0-capable legit CIA installer shouldn't be to far off; aka probably soon.

So, what's the diference betwen a legit-cia installer and a unsigned-cia installer?

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q: Will there every be FBI support/an FBI alternative for Ninjhax 2.0?
A: Obviously we can't say now, but probably. A Ninjhax 2.0-capable legit CIA installer shouldn't be to far off; aka probably soon.

So, what's the diference betwen a legit-cia installer and a unsigned-cia installer?
Legit CIA's don't need a sig-patching CFW to be ran. Honestly if you want piracy on the latest firmware so bad, just buy a SKY3DS

asdfghjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Old3DS on 9.8. Is it possible to use Ninjhax 2.0 and some homebrew to retrieve saves from a retail cart? I would like to get a private header for my Sky3DS, preferably without relying on Powersave, which seems to be my only option at this point.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Old3DS on 9.8. Is it possible to use Ninjhax 2.0 and some homebrew to retrieve saves from a retail cart? I would like to get a private header for my Sky3DS, preferably without relying on Powersave, which seems to be my only option at this point.
Smealum is working on something that LOOKS like a SaveDataFiler so we'll have to see

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Legit CIA's don't need a sig-patching CFW to be ran. Honestly if you want piracy on the latest firmware so bad, just buy a SKY3DS

This isn't the point, I already own an exploit-able system. I just want to know if there's any difference between a Legit-cia installer and an un-signed cia installer, in terms of access to the 3ds hardware.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't the point, I already own a exploit-able system. I just want to know if there's any difference between a Legit-cia installer and a un-signed cia installer, in terms of access to the 3ds hardware.
Sorry. But most people who ask question like that lately are just a bunch of enititled kids wanting piracy now and for free. I shouldn't have assumed. Sorry.

Reactions: DigitalJosee

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a retail CN, you can boot it from Gateway, and presumably from CFW.

I was going to suggest you could have one version as a ROM and another version on the cart, but that doesn't work because they woukld try to use the same boot.3dsx.

icenoobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I has a question (raises hand). I've been looking for an answer to this question but couldn't find it. Can ninjhax run ds mode homebrew and if not how come? I've been wanting to run a few of them but I can see it's not possible. Thanks for this faq.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I has a question (raises hand). I've been looking for an answer to this question but couldn't find it. Can ninjhax run ds mode homebrew and if not how come? I've been wanting to run a few of them but I can see it's not possible. Thanks for this faq.
I'm not sure. That would probably require use of TWL_FIRM, unless you recompile the DS Homebrew under the 3ds devkitpro and ctrulib with a .3dsx extension.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out exactly who Ninjhax 2.0 is faster? It seems like this could have implications for other homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs