Fake Xbox 360 Controllers

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Jiehfeng, May 6, 2014.

1. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria
    Under your fucking chair.
    I was trying to connect my Wii U Pro Controller to my PC, it works really nice with that software (WiinUPro). But the problem is, the pc detects every button as a keyboard/mouse button/movement so I'm unable to play games which require gun aiming. Mouse sensitivity in gun aiming camera is too sensitive for the joystick on the controller I have, just a little movement and the whole screen flips upside down lol. Some games don't support camera sensitivity adjustments so I'm faked.

So I thought I could buy one of those cheap Xbox360 Controllers for my PC, I found this: http://tinyurl.com/ogas2qo . Will this work with pc games? Like, will the games detect the controller like a genuine controller? If I could do something with my Wii U controller that would be great though.

2. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    I have a few generic xbox 360 controllers. All pc games that supports the 360 controller works absolutely fine with any of those controllers. However, some of those clones are really bad quality, no weight to it and simply break easily.
    £18 for a original 360 wired controller and all is well.

3. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Get a PS to PC Adapter and a PS2 controller ( iirc you have a PS2? ) works fine and its the best.

4. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    If the controller appears as a normal controller to a 360, it'll work fine with Windows.
    Unfortunately, the one you linked does not appear to do that. I would always be wary of controllers "specifically designed for PCs"; in my experience, they're total crap.

5. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    I bought two of these. My recommendation: Stay away from cheap clones. These gamepads will work fine for the first few weeks, but then the analog sticks start to loosen up. I've bought 2 pieces and both had worn out analogs after about 2 months. Worst thing is I wasn't even using the right analog stick (except the occasional geometry wars game) and it is in almost the same condition as the other one.
    Steer clear my friend and buy an original gamepad, it'll be worth it in the long run.
    I forgot to mention that the DPad is a piece of turd (if you thought the original XBOX360 DPad was bad, wait till you try this one, if you ever decide to buy the controller).

6. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    That was a good solution back in the days but now games have evolved and use the LT and RT so a controller with triggers is very useful for accuracy which a DualShock 2 does not have nor does the Wii U Pro Controller.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  7. GamerzHell9137

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Uhh? L2 and R2? It has buttons like a 360 has so i don't see a problem there.

8. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    PS2's L2/R2 are clicky and on the 360's LT/RT it allows you to press down or at least how much you want for precision.

Gran Turismo 4 on PS3 with the DualShock 3 feels great for speed accuracy, with a DualShock 2 you couldn't do this.

9. GamerzHell9137

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Yup, lets cash 40$ for " how much bullets i want out " and " i want to go 30 Km/h and not 40 "
    That much precission isn't needed and i haven't had any issues playing PC games with my PSX controller.

Celice likes this.
  10. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    A wired Xbox 360 controller doesn't even cost $40 maybe where you live it does.

If you don't care about accuracy that's to do with you.

11. Kashalots

Kashalots Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2013
    PS2 controller actually has pressure sensitive buttons. The harder you press the button the faster you drive.

12. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Well, that's what happens whenever you leave your finger on the button for digital-type buttons.

13. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    I've been using a PS2 controller for six years on the PC, and haven't found any game where that accuracy makes a difference. Especially considering any PC port or game probably wouldn't have pressure-sensitive controls in place of triggers, as the conventional keyboard and mouse don't have such inputs.

14. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Using a mouse for shooters on PC is a lot better than a controller for more precision of taking down the enemies but since the 360/PS3 were released that gave me a sense of being able to control the accuracy of how fast/slow I'd want to go or how many bullets I'd want to waste.

Some people might not care about it but I do but if ya have fun so be it.

15. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Never got aiming with sticks either but some people seem to prefer it.

I've been wanting to buy Pro Controller but almost zero compatibility with other devices and lack of analog triggers are no no. 360 is pretty much best as it works out of box (wired one better) and with cheap converter works also with PS3. Next ones are PS4 and PS3 controllers which have actual working drivers for PC which makes them behave like 360 controller.

BEWARE OF MOTIONINJOY. Use this with dualshock 3 instead: http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/
    http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

Monty Kensicle likes this.
  16. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria
    I got the Pro Controller to work as an XBOX Controller through x360ce! :D

Celice likes this.
  17. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Oh so it does act as Direct Input device then? Or did they update that to work with Pro Controller... :unsure:

18. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria

Well the control panel displays the Pro Controller as a controller without any involvement with the programs. x360ce just makes it detect the controller as a 360 or something.

19. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Why is that I've been using it with my PS controller and its been just fie what is wrong with it?

20. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    I've heard it's adware, or even monitors your system, keeping a solid connection between the program and some other site whenever it's running.

It might also have voodoo.