iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Eh?
Name me one “system” that provides everything SX OS does at present.
In particular I’m looking at you XCI loader as well as every sigpatch needed to run the xci converted nsps.

While it is absolutely true that none of the current implementations support XCI loading, im not sure I understand why its needed? Can you name to me a single game that is only available as a XCI, and not a NSP? Literally the only valid argument I would accept here is that it allows people to legitimately backup their carts to XCI, but if you own the game why would you have a moral or technical issue downloading the NSP and installing it? Thats why i do. Im a hardcore physical collector, any game I play I own, I dont generally support piracy from a personal perspective because I love collecting so much. So I buy the game, download the NSP and install it. I keep that physical copy sealed and nice and minty to preserve value forever.

What systems are just as stable and clean? I'd like to give them a try.

ReiNX / RajNX (they are pretty much identical). Tinfoil works great as a NSP installer. Emulators etc all work the same across all these systems now, the stability bugs have been worked out.

@iriez - IRC (Junglefw) and xbins. - the fun days of 360 drive mods with c4eva. :)

Glad to see you still kicking and alive gary!

LFPereira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
While it is absolutely true that none of the current implementations support XCI loading, im not sure I understand why its needed? Can you name to me a single game that is only available as a XCI, and not a NSP? Literally the only valid argument I would accept here is that it allows people to legitimately backup their carts to XCI, but if you own the game why would you have a moral or technical issue downloading the NSP and installing it? Thats why i do. Im a hardcore physical collector, any game I play I own, I dont generally support piracy from a personal perspective because I love collecting so much. So I buy the game, download the NSP and install it. I keep that physical copy sealed and nice and minty to preserve value forever.

ReiNX / RajNX (they are pretty much identical). Tinfoil works great as a NSP installer. Emulators etc all work the same across all these systems now, the stability bugs have been worked out.

Glad to see you still kicking and alive gary!

For me, one of the main advantages of XCI is being able to remove the microSD, and play the original games online, without displaying pirated NSP icons on Home. I think it's much easier for Nintendo to identify fake NSPs installed than save games from XCI-loaded games. In addition to the ease of use, you simply paste the files into the microSD without losing installation time and double space as you need before removing the NSP after installation.
That's why we need XCI loader...

Reactions: veddermandan

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
For me, one of the main advantages of XCI is being able to remove the microSD, and play the original games online, without displaying pirated NSP icons on Home. I think it's much easier for Nintendo to identify fake NSPs installed than save games from XCI-loaded games. In addition to the ease of use, you simply paste the files into the microSD without losing installation time and double space as you need before removing the NSP after installation.
That's why we need XCI loader...

Your console collects a lot of info. There is a unique cert associated with every xci. If you play this xci it is likely logged, making it trivial for ninty to detect the next time you go online regardless of whether your MicroSD is cleared.

If you were playing a legit cart then you would have nothing to worry about.

Whether you are launching a nsp or xci, if it was a pirated copy you should expect your console to log the cert used and report at next online connection.

Ultimately it does not matter the format. What matters is whether the cert for the xci, or the ticket for the nsp is unique and not duplicated.

Eventually we will have a sysmodule within the cfw that will correctly/cleanly clear logs so that there is no ban. Until then you are at equal risk of ban regardless of format used.

Wow, it's quite the reunion today! Spoke to lantus the other day, xport hit me up a few days ago.....soon Jesus will rise from the dead and turn my crusty socks into bread.

Hope you and the family is well c4e.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just backup NAND before installing anything. Go offline. Install CFW and never go online until there’s some solution.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Your console collects a lot of info. There is a unique cert associated with every xci. If you play this xci it is likely logged, making it trivial for ninty to detect the next time you go online regardless of whether your MicroSD is cleared.

If you were playing a legit cart then you would have nothing to worry about.

Whether you are launching a nsp or xci, if it was a pirated copy you should expect your console to log the cert used and report at next online connection.

Ultimately it does not matter the format. What matters is whether the cert for the xci, or the ticket for the nsp is unique and not duplicated.

Eventually we will have a sysmodule within the cfw that will correctly/cleanly clear logs so that there is no ban. Until then you are at equal risk of ban regardless of format used.

Wow, it's quite the reunion today! Spoke to lantus the other day, xport hit me up a few days ago.....soon Jesus will rise from the dead and turn my crusty socks into bread.

Hope you and the family is well c4e.
Last time this c4eva posted all he did was flame TX, so don't think it's him.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Nah, its him ok even if I dont quite get the TX digs.
Maybe he can explain the current relationship.
For my ’proof’ I merely noted the following post.
Noone but the real c4eva would post it
https://gbatemp.net/threads/team-xecuter-delay-switch-modchip.496739/page-7#post-7836375

Nothing he said there serves as proof as it was public knowledge.

I pm'd him and asked him a question only he could answer. I really hope it's him and not an imposter.

If he doesn't respond I will get a admin involved, wouldn't want a imposter taking his nickname here or anywhere else!

C4e - if it's really you don't trip I got your back.

Last edited by iriez,
Reactions: garyopa

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing he said there serves as proof as it was public knowledge.

I pm'd him and asked him a question only he could answer. I really hope it's him and not an imposter.

If he doesn't respond I will get a admin involved, wouldn't want a imposter taking his nickname here or anywhere else!

C4e - if it's really you don't trip I got your back.
As long as it's a question only he could answer then good. He was replying using c4evas old Hotmail, no reply from the Gmail which was used after the first FW nfo. And when I asked for more confirmation the responses were a Winky face.

Like I said when he first appeared - the TX digs made no sense.

Last edited by Soluble,

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
As long as it's a question only he could answer then good. He was replying using c4evas old Hotmail, no reply from the Gmail which was used after the first FW nfo. And when I asked for more confirmation the responses were a Winky face.

Like I said when he first appeared - the TX digs made no sense.

I too am unfamiliar with the email he posted, but we almost always communicated on irc. I used to let him connect to our bouncer for irc as well, so I know his geographic location as well as personal information.

If it's really him I will have no problem confirming

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I too am unfamiliar with the email he posted, but we almost always communicated on irc. I used to let him connect to our bouncer for irc as well, so I know his geographic location as well as personal information.

If it's really him I will have no problem confirming
His birthdate checks out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol