Gaming Fake memory sticks

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mad.gif
I am getting so fed up of my PSP in trying to get genuine memory sticks for it, I just got another fake and it doesn't matter how carful you are in getting one, this is the third one in a row that is a fake I am seriously thinking of selling my PSP and getting something ells that does not use SONY memory sticks

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sephxus said:
You can get a micro sd card and get an memory stick adapter for it.
wink.gif
A normal store never sold me a fake one
unsure.gif
....yeah fake's can be a pain..

like one time, my friend was playing Metroid prime (first one on GC) and he had 70% complete of the game and log and stuff..
memory card corrupt, the end.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Amazon.com

'nuff said.

I bought numerous memory card of all types and sizes from there. I have never gotten a fake. Amazon is also really good about customer protection. If someone sells fake merch, they get the boot fairly quickly.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
Amazon.com

'nuff said.

I bought numerous memory card of all types and sizes from there. I have never gotten a fake. Amazon is also really good about customer protection. If someone sells fake merch, they get the boot fairly quickly.
With that said, if you use Amazon, try to stick to Amazon or another large volume retailer like J&R. There are a number of smaller shops on there that I suspect wouldn't have any issues with slipping in some fakes.

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is you're not using sources that are trusted. The best option is retail, however, it will cost a lot more. Since you live in Australia, try MSY. I buy all my memory sticks from there, all genuine for half the price.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're buying from somebody that's reselling, you're taking a risk.

If you buy three 8GB memory sticks from resellers online for $25 each that all turn out to be fake, you wasted $75 when you could have just spent $70 on an official 16GB (shipping included) and ended up with a lot more for less by doing it right the first time.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
If you're buying from somebody that's reselling, you're taking a risk.

If you buy three 8GB memory sticks from resellers online for $25 each that all turn out to be fake, you wasted $75 when you could have just spent $70 on an official 16GB (shipping included) and ended up with a lot more for less by doing it right the first time.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Minor aside: 16GB sticks are a lot cheaper than $70 now. Try $40. Of course that's still approaching 2x the cost of a similar SD card...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Buy Sandisk, use a bit of common sense and don't be a cheapskate? If you'd done that to start with then you'd have only needed one purchase...

Nick™

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bet you have already spent much money on those fakes memory sticks than in a true and legit one. Just buy it from a good site, such as amazon or shoptemp (is there memory sticks on shoptemp?)

Also, get a Nintendo DS.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No MicroSD adapter registers as MG supported. In your particular case i'd strongly suggest that you just go out and buy a decent Sandisk Ultra II Pro Duo for asking price. Don't go looking for bargains or third party traders....just buy a standard, normally priced stick.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firstly, what's with bozos posting in this thread about "get a DS" and "only thing is wrong here that you have a psp"? Must be strays landing in the wrong section
wtf.gif

Anyhow, advice listed in prior posts should be followed. Don't buy cheap peripherals on eBay / Computer & Electronics swap meets (my suspicion here) if you are serious on avoiding fakes.

RedBaron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought 3 memory sticks 16GB in the last 3 days from reputable retailers from around here one was MSY and ALL WERE FAKE I think fakes are so deeply entrenched that they getting into the retail market without the retailer even knowing they are fakes making it much harder to get a genuine
I have two options
1 Keep trying to get a genuine 16GB or 32GB
2 Change over to a DSi XL
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16