Gaming Fake GBA SP console

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I was just wondering, do you get fake SP consoles other than the ones wth internal games? I'm asking because I might be buying a second hand one this weekend, and I just want to be sure it's not fake. Thanks

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, I'm taking my 3in1 with to test it. so basically if a game works it's NOT fake? The guy is adding an old GBA game aswell, so I'm pretty sure it's original. Thanks guys

Man, I might finally finish my nintendo handheld collection!!!!
rolleyes.gif

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Thatotherpirateguy said:
Awesome, I'm taking my 3in1 with to test it. so basically if a game works it's NOT fake? The guy is adding an old GBA game aswell, so I'm pretty sure it's original. Thanks guys

Man, I might finally finish my nintendo handheld collection!!!!
rolleyes.gif
Do you have a Virtual Boy too? Because those are said to be handhelds.

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the Vboy from my cousin, he got it when it came out. I just need the SP and the SP+, it's just tricky with the SP's, they seem to be the only ones that have perfect looking clones.

It seems that all the clones' screens are a bit stretched, is that true?

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
you'll know it's a clone if it boots to some weird menu with no game inserted. other giveaways include:

- clones have 320x240 res screens so they stretch to fit. the scaling looks kinda ugly.
- it doesn't play tony hawks 2 properly (none of the clones can cope with this game for some reason).
- flash cart doesn't work (though some of them do)
- link cable doesn't work on clones
- gameboy carts don't work

but you should know all this. being a collector you should also have all of the clones in your collection
wink.gif

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thatotherpirateguy said:
Are there any signs to check for to see if it's fake? I know for a fact that it doesn't have built in games
Check under the cover of your GBA console to see if there's an serial-like numbers and letters. If there's nothing, then it's fake.
lecture.gif

stonegolem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamerfan123 said:
Thatotherpirateguy said:
Are there any signs to check for to see if it's fake? I know for a fact that it doesn't have built in games
Check under the cover of your GBA console to see if there's an serial-like numbers and letters. If there's nothing, then it's fake.
lecture.gif

I got a very good quality fake GBA-SP and it had serial and all other printed text on it.

1) Unit's outer shell was identical to a genuine GBA-SP.
2) Fake GBA-SP has a "clumsy" package. You can easily tell the difference if you ever see the real package. (by package, I mean cartoon box and internal layout.
3) My fake unit's screen ratio was different than the original (it was not wide-screen)
4) Fake is a little bit slower. ~%10-15 slower than genuine device.
5) Fake has ~100 integrated fully functional GBA games. (All different and fully working... working a little bit slower though...)
6) Fake is cheap $40~60 for a brand new unit. (I bought it for $90 without knowing it was fake. and instantly refunt the unit)

at the other hand,
I bought a genuine but used GBA-SP (IQUE) AGS-101
It does have the serial sticker but the right side of the sticker was totally blank !!!

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
stonegolem said:
Gamerfan123 said:
Thatotherpirateguy said:
lecture.gif

I got a very good quality fake GBA-SP and it had serial and all other printed text on it.

1) Unit's outer shell was identical to a genuine GBA-SP.
2) Fake GBA-SP has a "clumsy" package. You can easily tell the difference if you ever see the real package. (by package, I mean cartoon box and internal layout.
3) My fake unit's screen ratio was different than the original (it was not wide-screen)
4) Fake is a little bit slower. ~%10-15 slower than genuine device.
5) Fake has ~100 integrated fully functional GBA games. (All different and fully working... working a little bit slower though...)
6) Fake is cheap $40~60 for a brand new unit. (I bought it for $90 without knowing it was fake. and instantly refunt the unit)

at the other hand,
I bought a genuine but used GBA-SP (IQUE) AGS-101
It does have the serial sticker but the right side of the sticker was totally blank !!!
That means its a fake?
ohmy.gif

Check this out.
cool.gif

http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91696

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you