Gaming Fake GBA SP console

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I was just wondering, do you get fake SP consoles other than the ones wth internal games? I'm asking because I might be buying a second hand one this weekend, and I just want to be sure it's not fake. Thanks

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, I'm taking my 3in1 with to test it. so basically if a game works it's NOT fake? The guy is adding an old GBA game aswell, so I'm pretty sure it's original. Thanks guys

Man, I might finally finish my nintendo handheld collection!!!!
rolleyes.gif

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Thatotherpirateguy said:
Awesome, I'm taking my 3in1 with to test it. so basically if a game works it's NOT fake? The guy is adding an old GBA game aswell, so I'm pretty sure it's original. Thanks guys

Man, I might finally finish my nintendo handheld collection!!!!
rolleyes.gif
Do you have a Virtual Boy too? Because those are said to be handhelds.

Thatotherpirateg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the Vboy from my cousin, he got it when it came out. I just need the SP and the SP+, it's just tricky with the SP's, they seem to be the only ones that have perfect looking clones.

It seems that all the clones' screens are a bit stretched, is that true?

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
you'll know it's a clone if it boots to some weird menu with no game inserted. other giveaways include:

- clones have 320x240 res screens so they stretch to fit. the scaling looks kinda ugly.
- it doesn't play tony hawks 2 properly (none of the clones can cope with this game for some reason).
- flash cart doesn't work (though some of them do)
- link cable doesn't work on clones
- gameboy carts don't work

but you should know all this. being a collector you should also have all of the clones in your collection
wink.gif

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thatotherpirateguy said:
Are there any signs to check for to see if it's fake? I know for a fact that it doesn't have built in games
Check under the cover of your GBA console to see if there's an serial-like numbers and letters. If there's nothing, then it's fake.
lecture.gif

stonegolem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamerfan123 said:
Thatotherpirateguy said:
Are there any signs to check for to see if it's fake? I know for a fact that it doesn't have built in games
Check under the cover of your GBA console to see if there's an serial-like numbers and letters. If there's nothing, then it's fake.
lecture.gif

I got a very good quality fake GBA-SP and it had serial and all other printed text on it.

1) Unit's outer shell was identical to a genuine GBA-SP.
2) Fake GBA-SP has a "clumsy" package. You can easily tell the difference if you ever see the real package. (by package, I mean cartoon box and internal layout.
3) My fake unit's screen ratio was different than the original (it was not wide-screen)
4) Fake is a little bit slower. ~%10-15 slower than genuine device.
5) Fake has ~100 integrated fully functional GBA games. (All different and fully working... working a little bit slower though...)
6) Fake is cheap $40~60 for a brand new unit. (I bought it for $90 without knowing it was fake. and instantly refunt the unit)

at the other hand,
I bought a genuine but used GBA-SP (IQUE) AGS-101
It does have the serial sticker but the right side of the sticker was totally blank !!!

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
stonegolem said:
Gamerfan123 said:
Thatotherpirateguy said:
lecture.gif

I got a very good quality fake GBA-SP and it had serial and all other printed text on it.

1) Unit's outer shell was identical to a genuine GBA-SP.
2) Fake GBA-SP has a "clumsy" package. You can easily tell the difference if you ever see the real package. (by package, I mean cartoon box and internal layout.
3) My fake unit's screen ratio was different than the original (it was not wide-screen)
4) Fake is a little bit slower. ~%10-15 slower than genuine device.
5) Fake has ~100 integrated fully functional GBA games. (All different and fully working... working a little bit slower though...)
6) Fake is cheap $40~60 for a brand new unit. (I bought it for $90 without knowing it was fake. and instantly refunt the unit)

at the other hand,
I bought a genuine but used GBA-SP (IQUE) AGS-101
It does have the serial sticker but the right side of the sticker was totally blank !!!
That means its a fake?
ohmy.gif

Check this out.
cool.gif

http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91696

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.