Faith or Atheism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I do believe in faith. Though I doubt sometimes... but only sometimes.
rolleyes.gif

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
Njrg said:
Agnostic means you're "unsure" because you don't want to forsake what you used to believe in, which means you still "kinda" believe which is enough to warrant as faith.

As stated before, you either believe in something, or you believe in nothing. Duh! D

K

kaoken

_Chaz_ said:
Isn't Atheism a faith in-itself? A faith in logic and further understanding?

No, faith by definition is a belief. Atheism is without a belief of. IE: Not believing goblins exist doesn't make you a believer in a no-goblin religion. Or, choosing not to buy a game doesn't make you an anti-game buyer.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually quite surprised at the amount of atheists votes.

In the real word atheists make up the smallest fraction of the world.

djleviticus

Trophies
XP
Country
There is only one way to God and that is by accepting Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Confessing your sins, then ask to receive the holy Spirit who will help you to pray and live your daily life through Jesus!!!
Amen!!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Njrg said:
I'm actually quite surprised at the amount of atheists votes.

In the real word atheists make up the smallest fraction of the world.

The percentage of computer literate people who are atheist is far higher than in the general population of the world, any online poll will be skewed towards non-belief.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
djleviticus said:
There is only one way to God and that is by accepting Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Confessing your sins, then ask to receive the holy Spirit who will help you to pray and live your daily life through Jesus!!!
Amen!!
n3q9vq.jpg

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ykhan said:
wow more atheists then theists according to the poll
Yeah, if you'd have read the page you'd see that someone already explained why that is.
Computer literate people are usually people who can think logically, therefore they generally don't believe in god.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
J3LL0 said:
Faith.
I am catholic.

Good but you need to think twice about that. God gave a specific warning in His Word that the Catholic Church would change His laws as well as prophetic and other times. Yes, ten commandments.. Proof ? Here:

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/romanc...mmandments.html

EDIT: For anybody else. Dont add to my comments. It is meant to be for J3LL0 because he is faith.
smile.gif

dark ajax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Really, this post should have more options than just Faith or Atheist, cuz, you know, some people (including myself) believe in god through nature, reasoning, science, the complexity of the universe and perfection of life itself, but i dislike religions in general mostly because they thend to be TOO close minded and have a point of view like: "I'm on the right religion, everybody else convert to mine or you'll be screwed in hell" or shit like that, I do believe In a god, a creator god, and maybe a spiritual force beyond our knowledge, but I do think it's ridiculous just expecting to believe that the so called "God" expects us to be mindless blind puppets who just follow orders from spiritual liders and "magical ancestral books written by god inspired prophets", so for me is neither option in the poll, but i think being atheist is arrogant, it's simple I think the best way to believe in God is with our logical reasoning and just taking a deep reflection about the way things work on this planet, you know, the nature, animals, weather, space, life itself, etc.

P.S. Everybody can dissagree with me, but I think the most important is to respect everyone else's beliefs...

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
RockmanForte said:
J3LL0 said:
Faith.
I am catholic.

Good but you need to think twice about that. God gave a specific warning in His Word that the Catholic Church would change His laws as well as prophetic and other times. Yes, ten commandments.. Proof ? Here:

EDIT: For anybody else. Dont add to my comments. It is meant to be for J3LL0 because he is faith.
smile.gif

I never new this, my mother's a catholic and before I discovered that something about it just wasn't right, I've gone to two churches regularly but they used what that site calls the King James version of the ten commandments, not the catholic version that the site gives.

QUOTE(dark ajax @ Apr 30 2010, 07:10 PM)
Really, this post should have more options than just Faith or Atheist, cuz, you know, some people (including myself) believe in god through nature, reasoning, science, the complexity of the universe and perfection of life itself, but i dislike religions in general mostly because they thend to be TOO close minded and have a point of view like: "I'm on the right religion, everybody else convert to mine or you'll be screwed in hell" or shit like that, I do believe In a god, a creator god, and maybe a spiritual force beyond our knowledge, but I do think it's ridiculous just expecting to believe that the so called "God" expects us to be mindless blind puppets who just follow orders from spiritual liders and "magical ancestral books written by god inspired prophets", so for me is neither option in the poll, but i think being atheist is arrogant, it's simple I think the best way to believe in God is with our logical reasoning and just taking a deep reflection about the way things work on this planet, you know, the nature, animals, weather, space, life itself, etc.

P.S. Everybody can dissagree with me, but I think the most important is to respect everyone else's beliefs...
How is being an Atheist arrogant? Religious people think that the whole entire universe was made by someone who apparently loves us very much, which is why he creates a universe with (as far as we know for sure) only one planet that can hold intelligent life.
Atheists accept that it's there for some reason, but at least they know that is wasn't created especially for them. So I really don't see how being atheist is arrogant.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
RockmanForte said:
J3LL0 said:
Faith.
I am catholic.

smile.gif
I never new this, my mother's a catholic and before I discovered that something about it just wasn't right, I've gone to two churches regularly but they used what that site calls the King James version of the ten commandments, not the catholic version that the site gives.

Yeah. I was a catholic before but not anymore and my family are still Catholics. I respect them but for me no names. I believe in God and bible itself. No churches. Remember, the King James version isnt accurate as well and it has some misinterpret which I have a proof if you would like then pm me but if not then doesnt matter to me.
smile.gif
For the churches.. They are not to be trust. Too confusion.
smile.gif

K

kaoken

dark ajax said:

Please feel free to explain your reasoning for calling atheist arrogant. Anyways, I don't understand your philosophy--so because you can't explain nature and the complexity of the universe you say a God did it. I don't see how that's any different from standard religions.

dark ajax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
It's simple, God=Universe Creator (not necessarily the mastermind behind everything happening here), you can analize the way everything in the universe just works ok in conjunction and for me is impossible to say that "Someone or Something" beyond us planed all beforehand, I just think it can't be just a HUGE series of coincidenses. So I'm not talking about an especific god or father or wathever, I'm just saying that everything works in conjunction because it's designed to do so, designed by the so called "God" (spectral force, an incorporeal beign, space particles that induce evolution, I don't know)...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dark ajax said:
Really, this post should have more options than just Faith or Atheist, cuz, you know, some people (including myself) believe in god through nature, reasoning, science, the complexity of the universe and perfection of life itself, but i dislike religions in general mostly because they thend to be TOO close minded and have a point of view like:
Why does faith have to be linked to a religion? If you believe there is purpose to the universe I call that faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up