Korbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there,

I just got my 3DS with OOT:3D and my r4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn today in the mail. I've chosen that flashcart after reading mostly good stuff about the card and the company here.

It worked fine after receiving it, but because I wanted to update my 3DS, I needed to update the firmware of the card, in order for it to function properly after the update. Something probably went utterly wrong there.
If I try to start it now I only get the error message: "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off." Maybe I should add here that the icon in the home screen changed from whatever it was before, I can't really recall, to Ubisoft Chessmaster.

I know that this problem usually arises when you use an updated 3DS with a not updated cart, but I am still using the version the 3DS came with and the card worked fine before I tried updating.
I read that you can update a r4 on another DS, because you can hotswap the carts before you start the actual update progress. No luck there either though. After pressing the A button in the update program, I get the error "Card Check Fail". My friend's 3DS, where I tried this, is not updated and uses a non-updated r4i Gold.

I used the original firmware for the R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn.
Is there a way to revive my r4 or is it bricked and I need to get a new one?

I really need help here, thanks in advance ;)

Greets

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can update your R4i Gold again.Just boot up 3DS20_Patch_R4iGold_3DS_NDSL.nds with another flashcard in a NDSL. Please read readme.txt attached and do as the procudres listed in it.

Korbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I read the Readme, but thought there wouldn't be a huge difference while flashing except the different firmware files.

Well, time to borrow a NDSL somewhere. Thanks for the reply.

Korbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nicole Luyben said:
Yeah, reflash it with a DS or DSi .....

Would it really work with a DSi? I don't have access to an NDSL Phat or NDSL. I can only get an 3DS or DSI right now. The readme says, that I need one of the older models and explicitly says this in the section about updating in a 3DS or DSi.
QUOTE5.Attention:do not take out your R4ids Gold

Thanks so far for your input
smile.gif

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you can use the DSi to reflash,i myself did it in my DSi ,just remember to choose the "3DS20_Patch_R4iGold_3DS_NDSi.nds"

1.Download the latest WOOD R4 V1.31 ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]_V1.31.rar
2.Download the update patch ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]_3DS.rar
3. Put the wood V1.31 and patch files "3DS20_Patch_R4iGold_3DS_NDSi.nds"
in the root of your SD card
4. Insert the SD card and R4igold 3ds to your DSi ,Power on your NDSi on and run 3DS20_Patch_R4iGold_3DS_NDSi.nds
5.Attention:do not take out your R4ids Gold Yes,forDSi , do not need to take out your card ,just follow the update steps to the end !
6.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin
7.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process
8.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4ids Gold with success and this card can work on 3DS 2.0.0-2

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ,Another,if it is still not working,there is another method to make it go back tonormal, use another flashcaard such as Acekard 2i ,DSTwo or other flashcarts and also need a DS (Only DS,can not be DSi)

Steps (take acekard 2i as an example)

1. download the another card's firmware acekard 2i firmware akaio
2. Download the update patch ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]_3DS.rar
3. Put the akaio firmware and patch files "3DS20_Patch_R4iGold_3DS_NDSL.nds"
in the root of your SD card
4. Insert the SD card and ak2i to your DS,Power on your DS on and run 3DS20_Patch_R4iGold_3DS_NDSL.nds
5.Take your acekard 2i out of the NDSL
6.Insert your R4i Gold 3ds card into the NDSL
7.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin
8.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process
9.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4ids Gold with success and this card can work on 3DS 2.0.0-2

Korbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, since my card doesn't load anymore (on any DS, because the update probably failed) I can only use the second method you've posted, which involves a normal DS, because I need to swap the cards?
I've already read the guide you've quoted, but it didn't quite answer the question whether flashing a broken card is only possible on a normal DS.

A friend of mine lends me his DSi tomorrow. I'll just try to flash it, by swaping the good card with the bad card after loading the flash program.

Can't wait to try out DS Linux and use my 3DS as a remote for my desktop PC, probably comes in handy while watching movies
tongue.gif

Thanks, I'll report back whether it worked tomorrow.

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Korbo said:
I've already read the guide you've quoted, but it didn't quite answer the question whether flashing a broken card is only possible on a normal DS.

Sorry , i didn't say it clearly last time. yes , you can only use a normal DS to recover your broken r4i gold 3DS , because the DS flash steps need you to put out your card and the isert it again, then you have time to replace the broken card, but about DSi , there is only one step to the end , so can't use DSi

Korbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nicole Luyben said:
so can't use DSi
I realized that myself after I tried it
tongue.gif
. I went to the nearest shop, which also sells modchips and asked them, whether I may use one of their DS Lite to update my r4 for a small fee. Works like a charm now. Thanks for your help
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

Can a failed update card still work on DS Lite, if it has failed updating for use on 3DS?

Korbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, the card didn't work on the DS Lite either. I borrowed a r4 Gold from a friend to boot the flash program and changed the cards before flashing.

citaleya14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I need some help.

I recently failed my update on NDS-LITE. Now it cannot be read by both 3DS and NDSL. Is there a possible solution?

BlackDolphin

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,
I've got an serious issue with my R4i Gold flashcard.
Due to an 3DS firmware update, I had to update the flashcard, too, of course (using the recent 1.26 firmware). With the default setup for the WOOD software alone, the 3DS displayed the well-known error screen.
But even patching with my NDS Lite didn't work. Though the card works perfectly on this system, neither of the described ways of patching (using the R4i firmware, using a diffetent flashcard) worked and the 3DS still dispends the "error occurred" screen.
What am I supposed to do?
Sincerely,
Dolphin

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I've got an serious issue with my R4i Gold flashcard.
Due to an 3DS firmware update, I had to update the flashcard, too, of course (using the recent 1.26 firmware). With the default setup for the WOOD software alone, the 3DS displayed the well-known error screen.
But even patching with my NDS Lite didn't work. Though the card works perfectly on this system, neither of the described ways of patching (using the R4i firmware, using a diffetent flashcard) worked and the 3DS still dispends the "error occurred" screen.
What am I supposed to do?
Sincerely,
Dolphin
Read on the site and the files in the download for 6.0 or 6.1. You need to cut a line on the inside of the cart.

asgardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bricked my brand new R4 gold pro. I have a DSL with a first gen r4, but cannot find the file:3DS20_Patch_R4iGold_3DS.rar

Does anyone have that file, please send me that file please.

Thanks!
Ben.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ