touru_04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi all,
I tried to reset my PS Vita 2000 (to remove ENSO and all homebrews), but it didn't go well.
I followed this video:
In short, I removed SD2VITA Adapter, then updated the system to 3.73, restored the system and formatted all memory cards.
However, VitaShell icon is still around (see pics), I can't uninstall it, and it gives C1-6775-5 error when I run it.
Any ideas?

20220416_212812x.jpg
20220416_214904x.jpg

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never un-enso-ed a vita... But to remove that you may need to install Hencore2 and then VitaShell... Then uninstall VitaShell and wipe the vita again to remove your account.

You don't need to downgrade or install Enso. Just enable homebrew using Henkaku menu (after installing Hencore2), install and uninstall VitaShell, and wipe.

Again, I've never done it. Just a concept of what might work too get access to that bubble.

touru_04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have never un-enso-ed a vita... But to remove that you may need to install Hencore2 and then VitaShell... Then uninstall VitaShell and wipe the vita again to remove your account.

You don't need to downgrade or install Enso. Just enable homebrew using Henkaku menu (after installing Hencore2), install and uninstall VitaShell, and wipe.

Again, I've never done it. Just a concept of what might work too get access to that bubble.
OK, it seems that Welcome Park had been permanently removed and replaced with VitaShell icon. (I bought it from ebay 3 months ago)
Is it possible to restore everything to absolute factory settings without having another PS Vita?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's the error you get if say something that requires sig patches is clicked on when sig patches aren't present. Did it rebuild the database when you removed the sd2vita?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you connect it to a PC with CMA installed you can update through it (Settings > Start > System Update > Update by Connecting to a PC). I'm not sure if you can force it if it happens to be on the current version, though.

touru_04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks guys, I think I have fixed it.
Apparently the previous owner deleted some files under pd0:app/NPXS10007, but he did make a backup of the original ones :)
Anyway, here's what I did:
1)Install "unmount by cxziaho"
2)Move all original files back
3)Restore the system (rebuilding database in safe mode didn't work)
4)Install Enso.
BTW, is pd0:SceloTrash/ supposed to be an empty folder?

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps