Homebrew “Failed to Initialize USB” When dumping games in USB Loader GC

White_Slur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that lots of people have asked this, but I’ve done my research and still can’t figure this out.

I recently installed USB Loader GX for dumping Wii games for use in Dolphin. I was able to dump SMG2 and NSMBW just fine, but when Dumping Mario Kart Wii, ULGX froze around 7%. After that, whenever I tried to dump a disk, I’d get the famous “Failed to initialize USB” error

I’ve already tried the following:
- Using all USB ports
- Changing the loaders IOS from 249 to 58
- Reformatting the USB (FAT32)

All help is appreciated :)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

on what support are your games placed (USB key or external disk) ??

Get an external hard drive with a Y cable for a better connection with the wii U and you will be fine.

The wii U does not provide much power on a single USB port, so use two USB ports for this to work properly

Reactions: godreborn

White_Slur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking at some drives, but they're all way bigger than what I need. I need at max 10gb, but I can't find anything under 40. It's no big deal really, but Id like to not spend $20 on something that I'm only gonna use 2gb of. Do they even make external drives this small?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I'm looking at some drives, but they're all way bigger than what I need. I need at max 10gb, but I can't find anything under 40. It's no big deal really, but Id like to not spend $20 on something that I'm only gonna use 2gb of. Do they even make external drives this small?
Hello,

I suggest you an external hard drive of 500 G0 or 1 T0, this will be more than enough, after it's up to you to see the size of your hard drive and how many games you want to put on it :)

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you follow the guide to install the right cios's to the right bases/slots then in usbloader GX go to settings---->loader (scroll down to loader IOSand change it to 58 (Keep Game IOS at 249) also make sure your USB is connected in the top rear port it won't work otherwise (also it seems fat32/ntfs won't work for me but wbfs will) use wii backupmanager to format to wbfs and to transfer games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night