Hacking "Failed to find applicable partition!"

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it boot without emunand? Why even have emunand if your already banned did you update emunand or official nand. From what version to what version. Have you tried completely erasing your sd card and putting vanilla atmo on it and launching it?

Tried all of that, no luck... I was on firmware 9.2.0 till I accidentally hit update by mistake and now...
I assume it updated to 11.0.0 or 11.0.1, but I dont know for sure.
Because every time I boot up atmosphere (yes, with fresh wipe SD with the latest Atmo files installed) I get a black screen with the error message of....
ERROR Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Failed to mount EmuMMC
Press POWER to reboot.

Only reason I wanted to boot it up from emunand, was so I can get into the damn switch but both method dont work..
If I launch the emunand from Hekate, it shows the atmosphere logo for a brief moment before showing a dark screen.

Every time I try to boot atmo by itself, I always get this....

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by dytri,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried all of that, no luck... I was on firmware 9.2.0 till I accidentally hit update by mistake and now...
I assume it updated to 11.0.0 or 11.0.1, but I dont know for sure.
Because every time I boot up atmosphere (yes, with fresh wipe SD with the latest Atmo files installed) I get a black screen with the error message of....
ERROR Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Failed to mount EmuMMC
Press POWER to reboot.

Only reason I wanted to boot it up from emunand, was so I can get into the damn switch but both method dont work..
If I launch the emunand from Hekate, it shows the atmosphere logo for a brief moment before showing a dark screen.

Every time I try to boot atmo by itself, I always get this....
Format sd card and put nothing but atmosphere files on the root. (No hidden partition or anything else) and boot with the most recent tegra loader from atmosphere. instead of through hekate and see if it will work.

Last edited by wartutor,

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format sd card and put nothing but atmosphere files on the root. (No hidden partition or anything else) and boot with the most recent tegra loader from atmosphere. instead of through hekate and see if it will work.

That was one of the first things I did. Got atmosphere 0.16.2, put it on a another SD card, boot it from TegraRcm v2.6 and nope... no luck :(

Cant even use hacdiskmount anymore, because it says I didn't fully make a full emmc dump.

Last edited by dytri,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was one of the first things I did. Got atmosphere 0.16.2, put it on a another SD card, boot it from TegraRcm v2.6 and nope... no luck :(

Cant even use hacdiskmount anymore, because it says I didn't fully make a full emmc dump.
Is your sd card fat32 or exfat.

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well shit this is a weird one. Can it boot the original horizon (i think thats what switchs operating system is called)

The main OS? Nah, not for awhile.. like 8 months ago. Its pretty much non existent on this switch. If I did boot it up, it pretty much shows a dark screen and automatically tries to send me to a cfw ...
Only choice I can do, is just boot up a payload or from a CFW (try to, at least)

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a nand backup

Stupidly, I had one back up and saved on my PC but that got stolen so I was never able to retrieve the back up from that PC.
...and the one on my SD that had the back up on was corrupted. Pretty unlucky tbh.

You (or anyone reading this) has any idea to why it says Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Failed to mount EmuMMC??
I think I might mess up somewhere while I was using HacDiskMount1055, although I doubt theres anything on there that can ruin the switch besides deleting user data.

Last edited by dytri,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupidly, I had one back up and saved on my PC but that got stolen so I was never able to retrieve the back up from that PC.
...and the one on my SD that had the back up on was corrupted. Pretty unlucky tbh.

You (or anyone reading this) has any idea to why it says Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Failed to mount EmuMMC??
I think I might mess up somewhere while I was using HacDiskMount1055, although I doubt theres anything on there that can ruin the switch besides deleting user data.
The only thing you could of did with that was delete your emmu partition or reformat it. Did you have a backup of your sd card?

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you could of did with that was delete your emmu partition or reformat it. Did you have a backup of your sd card?

Nope.. but I regret for not doing so, honestly my emmc may be corrupted/missing or something cause there was a time I was able to access it through memloader, now...
It never wants to open the main directory to my switch folder now. Still trying to find a way to access that.

Edit: Alright so, I manage to get my emmc back by restoring the original Switch GPT to my eMMC.
By using gptrestore, but now I'm facing the issue of still booting up stock and atmo with the error message of ...

No mandatory secmon or warmboot provided!
Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...

is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by dytri,

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.. but I regret for not doing so, honestly my emmc may be corrupted/missing or something cause there was a time I was able to access it through memloader, now...
It never wants to open the main directory to my switch folder now. Still trying to find a way to access that.

Edit: Alright so, I manage to get my emmc back by restoring the original Switch GPT to my eMMC.
By using gptrestore, but now I'm facing the issue of still booting up stock and atmo with the error message of ...

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...

2nd Edit: Im getting closer to fixing it.
Manage to get the Nintendo logo to appear, but its stuck on that logo only :([/QUOTE]

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...

Manage to get the Nintendo logo to appear, but its stuck on that logo only :(
[/QUOTE]How is your SD card formatted?

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is your SD card formatted?[/QUOTE]

Did a clean wipe on my SD with MiniTool Partition Wizard and formatted it to fat32.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...

Manage to get the Nintendo logo to appear, but its stuck on that logo only :(
[/QUOTE]
You need all the atmosphere files on SD (especially the sept folder)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo