Failed hardmod=bricked o3ds xl questions)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SaagiBols, Nov 24, 2016.

1. SaagiBols
    OP

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Here, There, and Everywhere!..
    so i failed to hardmod my o3ds xl and its been just laying around like a very expensive brick for a year now) so i decided to sell it for parts but before i do i wanna know that i cant repair it by my self)))
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    as you can see by the images) i burned one of the pins with my amazing soldering skillz) and managed to completly destroy the (RA2) chip?/resistor?)

....so the question is can the 3ds boot without that ra2 chip and can i fix that burned pin???

2. Eruandou

Eruandou Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    Argentina
    If you had removed the Dat0 pad, there should be a way around, but I don't think it will ever power on correctly without that resistor array, which basically connects dat0,1,2 and 3 from the NAND chip to the rest of the console. So you basically have an almost impossible to repair brick

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    in the right hands it would probably be recoverable but tricky (assuming the resistor array is the only thing you ruined).......but I'm pretty sure your hands aren't the right hands ^_^

4. GibFTW

GibFTW GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    That sucks! You should probably send it into a professonial member of the community... @vb_encryption_vb might be able to do something if you send it in.

5. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Nothing i want to mess with, i have other console repairs that are a bitch to deal with currently .

KayShyGuy likes this.
  6. KayShyGuy

KayShyGuy Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    United States
    Hello @vb_encryption_vb I havent messaged enough to get PMs going but wanted information about sending 3DS's,
    I have a 3DSXL v 11.0.0 and NN3DSXL 11.2, no rush, just wanted info, thanks hope you ate up some turkey guy :)

7. testerfan

testerfan GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2013
    United States
    system will not boot properly without RA2 as others said, but it's easily repairable (based on the picture) if you have proper soldering station

8. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA