Failed emuNAND updating

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by rotebrotobias, Feb 16, 2015.

1. rotebrotobias
    OP

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    I'm not sure if this is the right section, but i was updating my emuNAND and when i was at 50% my internet crashed. Now when i start my 3ds it's the 9.4 menu, but it say 4.1 on system menu. I'm not able to open launcher.dat so i can't restore my NAND. What should i do?

2. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Hope you have an emuNAND backup with emutool. If not then you're probably stuck.

To fix the issue, you will need to re-format emuNAND. If you have a backup, you can backup your SD card to computer, reformat emuNAND, then restore your backup and SD card contents to your SD card again. But as I said, without an emuNAND backup your stuck and have to start completley over.

3. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    As the poster above said, sadly you'll have to re-format your emuNAND partition if you dont have a backup.

4. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    I have the feeling he was talking about sysnand instead since he said he can't use the launcher and he can't "restore"

5. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I just re-read it and perhaps it is sysNAND he means. rotebrotobias - if that's the case you will need a hardmod to get back to your 4.3 firmware. There are a few posters on here that will mod for you if you pay shipping and a $10-20 fee for the mod. I don't know how internet cutting out on you could cause this issue though - The 3DS cache's all update information and installs in packs as it's downloaded and verified.

6. rotebrotobias
    OP

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    Yep it's sysNAND because it looks like that when i start my 3ds. The only place in my country where i think someone can fix my sysNAND, he take $80 and i don't have that much money.