Gaming FaceGen = AMAZING!

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I got bored one day and was searching around and stumbled upon this amazing program. What it does is recreate your face in 3D, hence the name FaceGen. It recreated my so face perfectly in 3D, it was like...scary. Honestly, it was like looking into a mirror.

Here is a demonstration. Don't mind the logo on the forehead, this guy is using the trial version.

How does it do this? The process is very simple, even those who don't have computer skills will find this easy. You need to take 3 pictures of your head with a neutral expression. Front side, left side, and right side. At minimum it can actually recreate your face with only one front side picture, but you will have better results with all 3 sides. Once you have the pictures, in the program all you have to do is move some points to certain parts on your face as reference points for the program. Once you're done with that, then just let FaceGen do the rest and you will have a 3D model of your face in 10-15 minutes, depending on your CPU/GPU speed. Even if it doesn't quite look the same, or if you just want to make yourself look better, you can tweak it yourself. You can also generate random faces with it, or just make one up.

The same program was actually used to make the faces of NPCs in Oblivion. In fact, there is a converter that will that you can use to insert yourself into the game as seen here:

Pretty cool, huh? You can go grab the trial version from http://www.facegen.com. With that you can't export your face and there will always be a SI logo on your forehead. If you want full functionality, the program costs $300 so I doubt you will want to buy it. But if you don't care, then you can just torre-- i mean uh, buy it.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
dry.gif

wtf.gif

ohmy.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoa, but I'm too lazy to take pictures :\. Ah well, gonna give it a try.

I seriously hope there is/will be a converter for Fallout 3 seeing as I don't really play Oblivion.

EDIT: Eugh, Vista's being an asshole and won't recognise the camera. While I'm on the subject, I keep on having this problem where USB devices aren't always picked up by Vista unless I have them attached when I boot it up.

EDIT 2: I can't believe I rebooted just to find out how ugly I would look bald XD. Seriously though, this program isn't flattering, and the baldness doesn't help lol.

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, nope it doesn't do hair.
tongue.gif
Only your face. But if you go to edit polys i think it is, you can add short black hair to yourself. Better than being bald lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O_iBnwwuOGU&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&index=8&pp=8AUB