OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
1.png

This is the english translation for F-Zero Climax, we hope that everyone here enjoys it. :yaysp:

5.png
4.png
6.png

5.png

Our translation started as a big update on the story and profiles text of the game from the Normmatt patch, but since we wanted to do a full translation, we went for it, and that's what we have, a 100% localizated game, as it was released officially in the west on english.

2.png

3.png

Credits (current english project):
@pichuscute: Translator
@h3rmit: Hacking - Graphic editor - Text editor
@Normmatt: Hacking - Text editor
@Feroz El Mejor: Tester - Organization - Adviser
@augitesoul: Adviser

Credits (spanish project):
@h3rmit: Hacking - Graphic editor - Text editor
@Feroz El Mejor: Tester - Organization - Adviser - Translator

Download link:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6339/ (english patch)
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6354/ (spanish patch)

Edit (05/06/21): Also, the translated text is here for anyone who needs it.
Edit (18/10/21): Added the spanish translation on text and also updated the english one.
Edit (29/10/21): Translation submitted to Romhacking.net
Edit (18/11/21): Spanish translation released

Translation 1 (Clank Hughes' patch): This patch translates the storyline, pilot names, and control options. That’s it.
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1250/

Clank Hughes - Hacking/GFX
Heian - Translation
Guy_Perfect - Hacking

Translation 2 (Normmatt's patch): This patch translates the story line and control options. However, the story line is incomplete. Only the first 20 chapters have been translated.
https://github.com/Normmatt/F-Zero-Clim ... ranslation
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/4564/
Normmatt - Hacking
Clank Hughes - Hacking
Guy Perfect - Hacking
Heian - Translation

Attachments

• F-Zero Climax Traducción en textos.rar
    4.2 MB · Views: 140
  • F-Zero Climax Translation Text.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 190
  • 5.png
    5.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by Feroz El Mejor,

r0ni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lngn.net
XP
Country
United States
Just a FYI the clank Hughes translation "crashes" after the first race is completed on real hardware. I've hear others report it does on emus as well...

I actually meant to look into why last night but never got to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feroz El Mejor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hey there..I may have the time to be able to help out.
Do you plan on releasing the rom and credit translators? (just curiosity)

Regards

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't notified and I am suscribed to this post.

I will give the credit to everyone who helps on the translation, the only problem is to edit the game, I only have the tools for the chapters, but if we have the translation I will preserve it until we can edit everything.

Also I will release a patch with all the work, this is gonna be all for fans of F-Zero.

Last edited by Feroz El Mejor,
Reactions: Bart Lemming

pichuscute0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, has anything happened with Climax since this thread, or is this the most up-to-date as far as translation progress goes? I have limited knowledge of Japanese (about 2 years in college and some self-taught), but with a game like this and some of the context I see here, I think I'd be able to translate the last few of these Chapters so we can all finally play this full game in English.

Reactions: Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
So, has anything happened with Climax since this thread, or is this the most up-to-date as far as translation progress goes? I have limited knowledge of Japanese (about 2 years in college and some self-taught), but with a game like this and some of the context I see here, I think I'd be able to translate the last few of these Chapters so we can all finally play this full game in English.
That would be awesome! If you send me a private message with the text translated I can put it on the remain chapters.

Also I would love to translate all the menus, but I need to find help for that, if we get the texts translated it would be really really easy to end this translation, more than search people to edit the rom.

Reactions: pichuscute0

pichuscute0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be awesome! If you send me a private message with the text translated I can put it on the remain chapters.

Also I would love to translate all the menus, but I need to find help for that, if we get the texts translated it would be really really easy to end this translation, more than search people to edit the rom.
So um, I actually made this account just to respond here, so I can't send PMs (yet?). Any other way I can keep in contact with you, or is this the best way? Also, menus should be easy to actually translate by comparison. I'd think the hardest stuff would be on the programming/tool side?

Last edited by pichuscute0,

Feroz El Mejor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
So um, I actually made this account just to respond here, so I can't send PMs (yet?). Any other way I can keep in contact with you, or is this the best way? Also, menus should be easy to actually translate by comparison. I'd think the hardest stuff would be on the programming/tool side?
Everything is hard, but I know some people who can help me with the tools, the big problem there was the translation itself, because no one wants to translate from japanese F-Zero.

I have send you an PM with a discord server, I hope you can get inside and when I awake, I will contact you.

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just wanted to say that I'm really pleased that someone is trying to take on this project. I love the GBA F-Zero games and it would be just fantastic to finally play Climax in English. Perhaps it would even encourage people to use the track editor too...

Best of luck, guys. :)

PS: Have you considered asking around on ROMHacking.net for help?

Feroz El Mejor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
I just wanted to say that I'm really pleased that someone is trying to take on this project. I love the GBA F-Zero games and it would be just fantastic to finally play Climax in English. Perhaps it would even encourage people to use the track editor too...

Not yet, we are trying to get all the text into english first, then I will search for help to hack the game, also I know some people who can help me with that, so for now it's going to take a while.

pichuscute0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!

I just recently got into F-Zero, and was surprised to find that it had a game still only in Japanese, despite being a Nintendo franchise and so nearly complete. I'm looking forward to being able to play it all in English, too! I hope we can work to get it finished for everyone soon!

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I had the talent, skill and/or intelligence to help out in some way. F-Zero on the GBA is my favourite racing series. Such a great trilogy of games. They need some real love out here on the interwebs!

I can't tell you how happy I'll be the day I can play Climax and actually understand the written words. Good luck guys. :)

Feroz El Mejor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
I wish I had the talent, skill and/or intelligence to help out in some way. F-Zero on the GBA is my favourite racing series. Such a great trilogy of games. They need some real love out here on the interwebs!

I can't tell you how happy I'll be the day I can play Climax and actually understand the written words. Good luck guys. :)

Thank you for your support! :yaysp:

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got an EZ Flash Omega for my backlit GBA SP, and looking for Japanese and European exclusives now! (Not interested in RPGs though). If you know of any others, please share! :)
Keep the good work!

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How playable is the game at its current state, for an English speaking/reading audience? Do you have a patch with at least the menus translated so I can try it out?

pichuscute0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How playable is the game at its current state, for an English speaking/reading audience? Do you have a patch with at least the menus translated so I can try it out?
Essentially, we're struggling with finding someone available enough to extract the missing text and also edit translated text into the games. We've got a lot of the game's text translated, but almost nothing in the game as far as I know. It's a bit unfortunate. If I end up finishing translating the rest of the text I've still got to do, if we're still stuck in this state, I'll try to more actively search for someone to help out. I do fully intend to get this finished, though.

With all that said, Climax has most of its menus in English already, so you never really needed a translation for that.

Edit: To clarify a bit better, I've been able to translate everything Japanese I've seen in the menus, as well as finish the story chapters (and significantly edited the previous translations for the others). The only things I still need to translate are from the character and vehicle profiles, which we've had some trouble extracting from the game.

Last edited by pichuscute0,

Ferryk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody !

Quick question regarding the translation, I've been fiddling with the Normmat repo (can't post links yet), mainly to be able to generate the translated rom on linux.
Given that the last update is a month old, I assume that it is the correct repo, right ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM