F##* up my new3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sqloud, Feb 12, 2017.

1. sqloud
    OP

sqloud Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Hi,
    I hope you guys can help me.
    Hacked my new 3DS using 3ds.guide.
    Everything was working fine untill i wanted to clean up my new 3DS.
    I deleted a file with a questionmark and 0 size on the memory usage app on the new 3DS.
    Now when power up i only see the gamecard logo thats inside the new 3DS and two emty folders.
    i can move around the cursor but when i try to boot something the new 3DS freezes up.
    Hourglass9 and luma3DS are still accessable but i don't know what to do to fix this, if it is fixable at all

Please help....

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Did you make a NAND backup? A file like that sounds like a corrupted file, so you might want to check to see if your SD card is corrupt.

3. comput3rus3r
    This message by comput3rus3r has been removed from public view by raulpica, Feb 13, 2017, Reason: Not helpful -rp.
    Feb 12, 2017
  4. Exavold

Exavold lol

Nov 9, 2015
    France
    lol
    Do you have a NAND backup ?

5. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    I'm confused .. What cursor do you see on boot? What game card logo / folders? Just .. what

But as per above IF you followed the guide word to word then you'd have a NANDmin.bin on your SD card and on your PC, and if you do then it can be restored. Use sysNAND Restore option on Hourglass9.

Also you know you can really fuck up your console if you delete stuff that you don't even understand with FBI or the like. The only thing taking up space on your console were games. So why delete a size 0 app?

Last edited by Distrance, Feb 12, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  6. sqloud
    OP

sqloud Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    I know it's stupid to delete something you don't know.
    But i did and i you can help me.

The game logo i mean is from the game card that is inserted in the console.
    And the folders are two folders like the ones you can create to put your games/apps in on the main screen

The cursor is the square you can move around the screen to highlight what you want to open.

I have a NANDmin.bin file.

7. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Then I've already told you what you need to know. Boot into Hourglass9 and restore with the NANDmin.bin file. It should fix it.

8. sqloud
    OP

sqloud Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    I did try that but it stays the same. Could it be a problem with the SD card?

9. Sotirisdim4

Sotirisdim4 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greece
    Wow, you collosally fucked up! I don't even think there's a fix for what you did. Your SD card isn't at fault here.

10. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    If it was a problem with SD card then the console would function without one. If you can't launch browser, settings and so on then it can't be the SD card anyways because none of those things are ran from it.

The only plausible cause for this is that you deleted an important file from the console that is not backed up in the NANDmin.bin file so you cannot restore the said file. Which means you fucked up big time, and your console is now a paperweight. No hardmod will fix this either.

Sotirisdim4 likes this.
  11. Sotirisdim4

Sotirisdim4 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greece

As I said, they collosally fucked up.

12. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Yes it could but it's not a high chance. Just Try another SD Card if you have one and check the actual card for errors.

Last edited by noX1609, Feb 12, 2017
  13. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Yeah because running a game cartridge inserted into the console is totally dependant on the SD card inside the console /s. The SD card would not affect running a game cartridge or running an application within the console.

14. Sotirisdim4

Sotirisdim4 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greece
    Let me add that this is like deleting System32 in windows, but since you can't reinstall the 3DS OS like you can with windows, you are permanently scrwed up

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

P.S Good luck explaining your situation to nintendo.

15. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Well to be fair when you generally return a console because it's faulty, you return it to the store you bought it from. Idk how things work in their country but here they'd probably just give you a new one if you had the receipt. Though tbh, he doesn't deserve that sort of treatment. If indeed his console went to Ninty there's nothing he could do to explain it lol. To uninstall a vital part of the console's NAND would require FBI, which requires CFW, and having CFW breaks their T&S. They wouldn't fix it .. not for free, anyways.

16. Sotirisdim4

Sotirisdim4 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greece
    I really hope they don't do that. One thing might lead to another and it could end up in the used section, where a happy child turns into a crying mess because their console doesn't work. (at least that's what happened when I returned my PS4 as faulty after I dropped it because some files got corrupted and most apps and digital games didn't even appear)

17. mbcrazed

mbcrazed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    China
    GBATemp
    Have you tried doing a ctrtransfer?

18. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    How could a ctr transfer fix his issue when his nand backup didn't? By doing a ctrtransfer you're basically restoring a 9.2 backup .. It shouldn't do anything different from a normal backup as far as files go. If he's gone and deleted a file that not even a NAND backup can restore then he's SOL.

19. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Did you try restoring the file ? Even if you emptied recycle bin, there are still programs that let you restore files even if they were wiped from the bin.

Edit**

Unless you deleted it from the SD card, which means they never went to the recycle bin xD

But you can restore files even if you deleted them from a memory card.

Last edited by Ra1d, Feb 12, 2017
  20. infinete

infinete The Temp's cynic.

May 20, 2008
    London
    If they did a restore to a lower firmware and then updated through settings. Would the update not realise a file is missing? (Mostly out of curiosity).

21. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Maybe try using recovery mode and update. You can acess it by holding these buttons on boot A+R+L+Up(DPad) then let it update.