F**king Nintendo!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LightyKD, Mar 16, 2016.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    So I decided to update my Wii U to 5.5.1U and now I get Error 160-2713 every time I try to install a new game or demo to my hard drive. Are you kidding me?! Even worse, the damn save files are tied to my digital games so instead of being able to move my files to another storage device and formatting my Wii U drive, now I have to wait till I get a new HDD and move everything over. God damnit!!!! :hateit: -yes, I'm ranting but this is bullshit! So much for trying to keep my console legit for the sake of online gaming. Seriously, how the hell did they f*ck this one up?! Maybe I should just quote Shokio... "Because, Nintendo."

ComeTurismO likes this.
  2. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    Relax guy

3. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    From 5.5.0, right..

right?

4. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    IIRC, you can delete the digital game data while keeping the save files which can then be transferred to Wii U system memory.

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    that is why you don't update to 5.5 :creep:

ComeTurismO and LightyKD like this.
  6. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    b-but mah stability

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    stability>>blocking exploits :creep:

8. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    A few things. The Wii U was probably the most "legit" I've been since GameCube to early NDS. I'm starting to become legit on the PC side of things as well. That aside I'm glad I was able to backup my saves before the damn HDD died on me today. I still stick by the fact that everything was fine before this stupid update. As far as the ease of backup goes... it's a fucking pain in the ass. I'm still right about digital games being tied to their saves. Each game save/game is bundled in a package in the data (save and game) menu. You have to go to every digital game bundle, open, delete the game and then move the save, otherwise, when you try to move, the Wii U will attempt to move the game and save together. It's bullshit! Nintendo should have made separate menus for the game and save data, like the Wii had. Actually, the Wii has a lot of things right that the Wii U does not. Why? #BecaueNintendo -Ugh!

9. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    your hdd dying isnt nintendos fault. unless your hard drive was a solid state drive, it was doomed to fail anyway because of how regular hdds are made.

10. TheGlow

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    Are you implying SSD's don't fail? I had an 80GB intel, one of the first and it died on me after a month.

11. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    That's why you should've bought an OUYA instead.

LightyKD and PixelPerfectPlays like this.
  12. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Agreed, In my line of work I have seen many SSD failures. When it comes to tech. Shit happens.

13. 1337f347

1337f347 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    I have two Wii U's, bought the 2nd wii u a couple days ago for about $50. My original white one's on 5.3.2. My new black one's on the latest F/W.
    Can't take any chances, also need the parts sometimes. A good few months ago, both my power adapter and my gamepad charger died in a lightning strike.
    Took me ages to get replacements in my country, in fact, I only got my 5.32 Wii U working just a over a week ago, after months of nothing at all.
    Well, at least I have two wii u's now, js xD ;)