OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just played through the F.E.A.R. 2 Demo and I gotta say that they instantly made a buyer. I think horror in first person works the best since you can't know what is beside/behind you and sometimes, you even hesitate to turn around when you hear a noise. What I also really liked is how well the game is optimised, I have a somewhat average graphic card (nvidia 9600GT) and the game looks great and runs smoothly.

I just wanted to share my thoughts and know what you guys think about the game!
rolleyes.gif

And a little video I made for fun:

Turn the volume up!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've heard from others it's a crap demo, but I'll give it a try when I can pry my brother away from his PC.
The original FEAR was sooo boring though, so I don't expect to enjoy it tbh. Uninspiring story, unscary sections devoid of combat that made no sense, generic enemies, and just an average experience throughout. Slow-mo was alright though.
Anyway, I'll stop moaning and give the demo a go.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hm, seems the tech behind the game really makes it work. While it'll hardly age well with its reliance on technology, it's a thrilling and chilling experience at the moment.
Perhaps the reason I didn't enjoy FEAR was because by the time I played it it wasn't visually impressive.

But anyway, I thought the nursery horror moments where cops were writhing on the ceiling, drowning in pools of blood while your vision distorts and ghosts flicker in and out of vision, occasionally charging at you was immense. The glass around you smashes when you go near it, and doors come flying open as well, it was just a mind-blowing experience.
The visually-enhanced slow-mo mode and blood also looked amazing, and made up for the fairly average combat, but of course the combat didn't work so well in the streets or in the big mecha-suit thingy, which was a bit of a low point.

I honestly can't understand why people have been complaining about graphics on other forums, I thought it was absolutely amazing considering it was all maxed out and smooth as a baby's bottom on my PC.

Anyway, I reckon this will do pretty well in the reviews, about 85% maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet