OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my goddamn 3DS and tried to buy SMT4 today. I had enough funds in my account, $50. Then the fucking 13% tax. I ended up being $6 short, so I tried using my Visa debit. Turns out, fucking Nintendo doesn't accept Canadian Visa debit. I even tried changing my province to Alberta, which has 5% tax. I ended up being TWO FUCKING DOLLARS SHORT

So now I have $50 in my eShop account, I can't get the $30 bonus for Fire Emblem and SMT4, can no longer use a Gateway if I ever wanted to, and wasted an hour of my life on hold with my bank and Nintendo.

I don't know, I just need to rant a bit about this.. ugh.

P

pasc

I always use my virtual Master/Visa called Wirecard.
Easily accepted and can't be overdebited.

Worked like a charm for me.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear that; have you been able to get it with pasc' information? Anyway, you can add stuff like this to the list of cons for physical vs. digital. There're never hidden fees when buying a physical copy of a video game... I think.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
That bit is not Nintendo's fault. You chose to update.

I chose to update in order to purchase a game, for a promotion, that I cannot access, because I am unable to purchase said game.

It's not that it's Nintendo's fault that I updated, it's Nintendo's fault that I updated for no reason. Yes, I chose to update my system, but had I known that they don't accept Visa debit, I wouldn't have updated.

D

Deleted-236924

Yes, I chose to update my system, but had I known that they don't accept Visa debit, I wouldn't have updated.

You could have known that before updating if you did your research beforehand.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Perhaps so, but I don't tend to search up whether a merchant accepts a widespread type of card before making a purchase. Visa debits are not rare, and it's worked everytime I've used it, except this.

Well mine does work but its an European card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: