Hacking EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack or Plus?

Soulshine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Teamcyclop's site is down. I need to know which one is better: EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack or Plus. I read somewhere that Plus have some problem with Cyclods, is that true?

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
Neither is better if your using the CycloDS, you don't have access to the full 64MB NOR, only 32MB of it unless your using a rom dumper that uses it.

RHS, says they are still selling the older 3in1, if you are looking for that. You might have to replace the battery when you get it.

why would we need more than 32MB NOR?? its not as if we can multiboot GBA or anything from it..

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
blainy said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
Neither is better if your using the CycloDS, you don't have access to the full 64MB NOR, only 32MB of it unless your using a rom dumper that uses it.

RHS, says they are still selling the older 3in1, if you are looking for that. You might have to replace the battery when you get it.

why would we need more than 32MB NOR?? its not as if we can multiboot GBA or anything from it..
The only thing that requires 32MB NOR would be GBA Videos (remember them? No? Don't worry no one does).

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Chrono_Tata said:
blainy said:
how_do_i_do_that said:

The only thing that requires 32MB NOR would be GBA Videos (remember them? No? Don't worry no one does).

i realize that the GBA videos were 32MB, but why does the 3in1+ have an extra 32MB locked away inside it that we cant use is what i was asking....

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
so it is possible to multiboot GBA from it, but only with a EZ-V?? hmm....why bother when i can load more than 64MB of GBA onto my SDHC and run it from my cycloDS?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
It is for use with multi-rom mode on the EZ-V series only. I would have prefered a 32MB of the PSRAM instead.
But wouldn't you still need a EZ-V in your slot-1 to do this? The extra NOR would only be useful if you could use multi-rom mode standalone (meaning no slot-1 device needed).

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
multi-rom mode still requires the EZ-V slot1, the rom manager is not a standalone bootable program. Thats the rub about that feature, most people don't like it.

I was hoping that it was standalone bootable when they announced it way back when, the reality of it was more of a letdown.

This is what the multi-rom mode looks like when it is used:
DSCN0127.jpg

After rebooting the DS, The DS menu says it is a GBA Option Pak but not as a bootable flashcart:
DSCN0128.jpg

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
It is for use with multi-rom mode on the EZ-V series only. I would have prefered a 32MB of the PSRAM instead.
I would have preferred that too.
mad.gif

The only way that I can see the extra NOR would be of any use to normal users is if the NDS Backup Tool 3in1 supported the extra NOR. It'd make backing up DS games a lot faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche