EZFlash IV white screen on ALL games

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by PlesBien, Jun 18, 2017.

1. PlesBien
    OP

PlesBien Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I updated to 2.0 the other day, then played SRW OG2 for a couple of days. Today the game froze, so I restarted my GB Micro and went through the EZ Flash menu again. When the game loaded, it was a white screen.

Since then, every game I've tried to launch has given me a white screen, including ones that were working since 2.0. I've tried different SD cards, different folder structures for ROM storage, clean ROMs and ones patched in the client... it happens every time. I've reflashed 2.0 and updated to 2.01 and that didn't help either.

When I try to write a game to NOR, I get an error:

"T1:ER=1000
    00,####"

where #### is a hexadecimal number that steadily increases.

I can't find anyone with this error; the flashcart worked fine for the month or so I've had it. I don't know what's left to try, is my cart just ruined?

EDIT: Hardware specs:

Cart: EZFlash IV 2015/SDHC release, kernel 2.01
    Hardware: GB Micro

Last edited by PlesBien, Jun 18, 2017
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If you can flash back to a pre 2.0 you can try. That however sounds far more like a SD card not being read properly -- a file table takes no time to read but a full ROM is however long that takes and thus ample time to suffer a single read failure and tank the rest.

3. PlesBien
    OP

PlesBien Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I've tried going back to 1.78 and I've tried multiple versions of Localhorst's EZ-Flat and I got the issue on everything. Should I be cleaning contacts, then?

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It is more likely the contacts between the SD and the SD slot than the cart itself. They are a pain to clean in any real capacity as they are hidden and contact cleaner only does so much.
    You can try removing and reinserting the cart a bunch. You can try making the SD fatter in some way (some use thicker nail polish, some use paper folded a couple of times) or using a fatter SD if you have one of those.

5. PlesBien
    OP

PlesBien Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I tried a bunch of different thicknesses of paper and none of them made a difference. As a last ditch effort I even used a pair of pliers to warp the SD housing slightly to make it a tight fit, and that didn't help either. Considering how consistent it seems to be, I can't help but question the loose contacts explanation - it went from working everytime to never working.