Emulation EZFlash IV setup?

irchief

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was looking at the review of this card and it looks very nice, but the set up and instructions and such are all for the ds. I am purchasing this to play mother 3 english on a gameboy micro

can someone post some noob-friendly instructions on how to set that up? also do i have to charge the card itself? ive heard i do but that sounds crazy

thanks for the help

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irchief said:
i was looking at the review of this card and it looks very nice, but the set up and instructions and such are all for the ds. I am purchasing this to play mother 3 english on a gameboy micro

can someone post some noob-friendly instructions on how to set that up? also do i have to charge the card itself? ive heard i do but that sounds crazy

thanks for the help

You can find all the info you need at the ezflash forum, they have the latest patchers and firmware there. http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewforum.php?f=22

Its a great card, you might have to play around with certain settings on certain games, but all of those problem games are listed on said forum. *the compatibility is still 100%*

Its good to charge the card, just plug it into your gba with it turned on (cant remember if it charges while off, I think not) It just makes sure the battery is charged well. You can have some problems with saves if its not charged. It will stay charged for weeks, just make sure you turn the gba back on right after you turn it off if youre not going to use it for a while, it needs to write the sav to the card after turning the system back on.

Heres the process of how it plays and saves:
Turn on system
Click on game
Card loads the save from the minisd to the carts internal save.
Play game
Turn off system
Turn on system -- Sav is written back to the minisd from the internal save.

While you have the system off, thats the battery keeping the sav alive in the internal cart save slot. If the battery is dead, then the save will delete from the internal save slot after a couple seconds of having the system off.

irchief

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hartleyshc said:
irchief said:

thanks for the help

You can find all the info you need at the ezflash forum, they have the latest patchers and firmware there. http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewforum.php?f=22

Its a great card, you might have to play around with certain settings on certain games, but all of those problem games are listed on said forum. *the compatibility is still 100%*

Its good to charge the card, just plug it into your gba with it turned on (cant remember if it charges while off, I think not) It just makes sure the battery is charged well. You can have some problems with saves if its not charged. It will stay charged for weeks, just make sure you turn the gba back on right after you turn it off if youre not going to use it for a while, it needs to write the sav to the card after turning the system back on.

Heres the process of how it plays and saves:
Turn on system
Click on game
Card loads the save from the minisd to the carts internal save.
Play game
Turn off system
Turn on system -- Sav is written back to the minisd from the internal save.

While you have the system off, thats the battery keeping the sav alive in the internal cart save slot. If the battery is dead, then the save will delete from the internal save slot after a couple seconds of having the system off.

very cool, thank you very much!

so another question here, does the software work on windows 7? i have another pc with xp but i was wondering.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Megaman0 said:
A quick question does the EZFlash IV use the same battery as the EZ Flash 3 in 1 (CR 1220) I'm trying to buy some backup batteries just to be sure and would like to know if I'm buying the right ones.
Just checked it out for you. My EZIV battery says CR 2025. Hope it helps.

Megaman0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
s12ord.smackjeeves.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sc4rFac3d said:
Megaman0 said:
A quick question does the EZFlash IV use the same battery as the EZ Flash 3 in 1 (CR 1220) I'm trying to buy some backup batteries just to be sure and would like to know if I'm buying the right ones.
Just checked it out for you. My EZIV battery says CR 2025. Hope it helps.

Thanks I appericiate it I guess I'll have to exchange the CR1220 for the CR 2025...

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah you should be able to get them from just about any store that cells these type of batteries, just get it from batterijenhuis.nl if you don't want to leave the house for it. Never fails

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey