EZflash 3 in 1 expansion pack problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Purplebeaver, Oct 8, 2008.

Oct 8, 2008
  1. Purplebeaver
    OP

Newcomer Purplebeaver Member

United States
    So I finally got my 3-in-1 in the mail, but woe hit me. It doesn't fit into my DS.

I used to have a lite, but after years of usage it finally began breaking down, so I have been using a friend's phat DS. The 3-in-1 I got has this tab hanging off the side that keeps it from entering the DS, and it doesn't even look long enough to even get in without being stuck halfway inside forever if i were to remove the tab.

Have I been boned? I wasn't planning on getting another Lite until the DSi... or should I snap off the tab and squeeze it into the slot-2 for eternity?

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
  3. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First you can forget about using a slot2 card with the dsi:(no slot2). If you do insert it into the full size ds it will probably work. However you might be better off buying another ds lite. Maybe you could cheaply repair your ds lite with parts from deal extreme.

4. Purplebeaver
    OP

Newcomer Purplebeaver Member

United States
    Is there a way to just buy a shell and do a transplant somehow instead?

I suppose I should just get another lite, since I don't want 2 3-in-1s and I'd rather have a lite one then a phat. Argh. Darn false advertising! They said it was compatible with Lite and Phat, which did not involve breaking off tabs or switching cases. =/

5. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    well, you could put it into the phat, and it would work, but good luck getting it out again.

6. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    sell the Ez3in1 lite version buy the phat version problem solved! [​IMG]

7. Crozone

Newcomer Crozone Member

Australia
    Ok, there is a way to get it to fit. Here's a step by step tutorial:

Find a small (very small) Jewelers screwdriver, and unscew the small screw on the bottom of the EZ-Flash. Don't Loose the Screw!

Now, very carefully and slowly, slide the top panel (with the sticker on it) away from the GBA pins. This will expose the EZ-Flash Circut board, and all the internel componants.

Now, turn your DS Phat Upside down, and being careful not to let the circut board fall away from the bottom panel of the EZ-Flash, slide the EZ-Flash in with the circut board facing UP.

Finally, using a pair of tweezers, VERY carefully push on the plastic bottom panel to make the EZ-Flash click into the GBA port of the DS.

DONE!

To remove the EZ-Flash, use the tweezers to pinch the Plastic bottom panel, and pull it out. Make sure not to grab any of the componants.