Hacking EZFlash 3-in-1 dead?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I just tried out my new 3-in-1. First time I turned on my DS with it in, in the GBA Window it said Option Pack, I went on to load my Acekard 2i (running latest AKAIO). I choose the 'GBA' option from the main menu, it said nothing was found. It turned off the DS, took out the 3-in-1, checked there was no dust, put it back in and this time the DS said there was nothing in Slot 2.

I thought 'this is wierd, already broken?', then on AKAIO I went into Start, More, then 3-in-1. I changed the rumble setting and hit A. Hey, what was that? A vibration! I tried it again, and there was a small vibration after I selected my settings. But AKAIO, and Rudolphs tools, still said there's nothing there. Then I went into my GBA folder, selected a ROM and it loaded. Still, AKAIO and Rudolphs tools insisted that there's nothing there.

So that's my situation, something seems to work, but nothing is noticing it. Is is dead, or have I missed something? For the record, I'm using a DS Lite and the 3-in-1 was from DealExtreme, so I am assuming it's the newest version.

Edit: Memory expantion function also seems not to work. I managed to get GBA exploder to work, first try I got just a white screen after loading, erased and flashed again, still a white screen, but with some sound gltiches. What the hell am I doing wrong for nothing to work? Also, if I do get it to work, will I need to convert my VBA saves, or just rename them from .sav to .gba.sav?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
C'mon, anyone... I don't mean to bump this but if I can't get it to work I need to send it back - and I can only send it back if it doesn't work, and I'm not sure if it does or if I'm just missing something.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what i heard is that the new 3in1 have more memory , you can check on ezflash.sosuke.com for more clue's the thing is i think is that the older software doesnt recognize the new ez 3in1..

doz592

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have one, but from what I learned from the EZ4 mixup, you need to do the following:

1. make a folder for your GBA roms on the root of the card

2. Navigate to that folder in AKAIO. Click and launch

If that doesn't work:

1. Still make a folder for your GBA roms on the root of the card

2. Download GBA EXPloader, put on the root of the card, launch in AKAIO, then follow the onscreen instructions/guide.

Hope I was of some help

BTW, what you were doing was making AKAIO load a game from NOR when there was not one.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done all that, after I've flashed a game when I try to load it I just get a white screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...