Visit site
XP
Country
LDAsh said:
EZ-Tech (eztech_r) skin
for EZ-Flash 5 3.0~
by LDAsh
http://filetrip.net/f12383-EZtech_r-1-0.html
Here is my contest entry, an "EZVi"-themed skin I called "EZ-Tech", for complete lack of anything better to call it. This is 'eztech_r', as there would be an 'eztech_l' left-handed version with this, but I can only submit one entry. I wanted to customise as much as possible and change everything I can, so I went ahead and edited the "/language/English.ini" file too, to get text to fit my skin better (and vise-versa) so I hope that's okay, because without those edits the text won't sit as nicely in some menus. All edits in that file are indended to be used with the skin. Another extra I added is "\EZShell\mys.dat" which is the background image for the in-game menu, since "\boot\booting_up.bin" isn't actually used, it seems, so I thought I'd make use of it that way. It may not suit everyone but it's the best I could do for myself with the free time I've had, so I hope you all like it.

(note: this preview is my own mock-up and (like ESF preview) is not 100% accurate to how it looks on actual hardware)
Hi LDAsh, and thanks for you enrty.
BTW, there is a little problem with it. All files must go in the folder /EZ5Shell/skin in order to be used properly by the ez5i kernel. The folder boot contain default GUI kernel files.

I have not yet tested your skin and i hope it will be ok with the language ini you provided. Do you plan to do the same thing with other languages ?

Edit : just tested it and there is a problem with the shutdown.png. If you don't use a 256x192 file like in samples provided in MakeSkin\Patch, ESF center it, mean buttons are not at the right place. Please take a look at this folder.

In your english.ini there is a mistake : ROMSET_Cancel=(B) save
should be ROMSET_Cancel=(B) Cancel
be careful when you edit that kind of file.
wink.gif

No more help when moonshell 2 is not present on the microsd ?

GotoMS2_Site1=
GotoMS2_Site2=
GotoMS2_Site3=
blink.gif

GBA_Cancel=(B)

?_?

LDAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for letting me know about those problems Mbmax! I fixed everything you mentioned (and more) for v1.1:-
http://filetrip.net/f12394-EZtech_r-1-1.html

QUOTE said:
i hope it will be ok with the language ini you provided. Do you plan to do the same thing with other languages ?
I won't make those changes to other languages. The "English.ini" and "mys.dat" files are entirely optional, hopefully users will get that when they look into the contents of the ZIP, and only copy what they want. The English.ini edits are only my attempt to make it look neater and more centered, and fit my GUI backgrounds, whether it's used or not shouldn't make a huge difference. I understand both those files aren't skin-specific and probably won't be used by many people, or judged with them in use.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys. I have tried some skin today and found some little glitches.

Just a question : do you use a full png picture for the shutdown panel like in the sample skin ?

@LDAsh : i will test your new revision today.
wink.gif

Gausen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, it´s jpg 147 x 90.

I have a question for you: Is it possible to place progress_wnd.png in other position? I´m asking about it because i think that i never get to see the full progress bar. So if i can move progress_wnd slightly to the left, the full progress bar will look centered.

Thanks!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow. So much skinners submited a shutdown panel like that.
Mean the YES and NO buttons doesn't match the area monitored by the kernel.
frown.gif

I wonder if it's not a bug in ESF. I have to check that ...

Edit : Wow ! It's a bug in ESF.
ohnoes.png

The picture is not centered properly on the screen when you don't use a full screen picture. I have to reach Cheryl.

Gausen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This bug is only for png images?
I´m asking because in my skin shutdown works OK. I compile it with RN86, so maybe this version doesn't have the bug?

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Mbmax: in \MakeSkin\Patch you can find the size and co-ordinates of the buttons,you might want to put that in the tips (I've tested mine,it wasn't out of place by one pixel,I didn't make the panel 256*192 either)
Btw can someone tell me how to insert the progress wind and bar into the skin?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is where buttons are on the sample :

shutdownpanel.jpg

And here is what i get on eztech_r skin :

badcenter.png

LDAsh used a 144x94 picture instead of a full screen with transparency color.
So, ESF centered it. But seen it doesn't do that properly !

I told this bug to cheryl, she will fix it.

A simple workaround is to use a full screen PNG with transparency and the window centered like on the sample picture that you can find in EZskinforger/MakeSkin/Patch folder.
wink.gif

LDAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
Sorry Mbmax, I edited my ESS file with a text editor and forced the location to the bottom, assuming the touchscreen coordinates would follow. So that's incorrect and my fault. v1.1 of my skin has this solved as one of its fixes with a 256x192 PNG version.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LDAsh said:
Mbmax said:
Sorry Mbmax, I edited my ESS file with a text editor and forced the location to the bottom, assuming the touchscreen coordinates would follow. So that's incorrect and my fault. v1.1 of my skin has this solved as one of its fixes with a 256x192 PNG version.
Oh ! i see.
Just tested to load again your shutdown.png inside esf and it center it properly.

@all : i'm about to go on holidays, so i will test all skins already entered in the competition today.
Once done i will post a comment on filetrip to indicate if the skin runs ok or not on my ez5i.

Edit :
@Chesty257 : You have wrongly named your splash screen. Please pay attention and read carefuly the first post of this thread !
it's not leafg_down.bin but leafg_bottom.bin.

@Bigel (MyMusic skin) : there is so mush mistakes in this skin. Please read my comments on filetrip and respect button and window coordinate like showed on sample images (EZskinforger/makesin/patch folder)

- Added Tips 11 to my first post. Please don't use indexed colors on your pictures. Chesty257, verify your files. The kernel display me broken template.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EZ-Megaman said:
Updated my skin: http://filetrip.net/submit4.php?file=12398
I'm pretty sure that the buttons on Shutdown,Cheat BG etc are in the right place.
Can't check since my DS keeps breaking
You have made a little mistake in the file popup window.
Try to delete a file (L+X) and you will see what i mean. Take a look at sample files provided in EZSkinforger/makeskin/patch.
wink.gif

This window is not centered, so use a full picture (256x192) with transparency, like in samples :

popupbg.jpg

About your progress_wnd.png that you want to integrate, i have already talked about that : >> HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo