Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The correct cart names are..

EZ4 Lite miniSD
EZ4 Lite microSD

I wish they hadn't named them both "Lite".

Anyway..no, there is absolutely no difference between them other than the size, the media they accept, and the fact that the microSD version comes with three different coloured casings, to match the Japanese NDS launch colours.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
EZlite Micro uses microSD cards, and EZlite Mini uses miniSD, right?

MiniSD cards are much cheaper than microSD. Keep that in mind before buying.

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The gap is narrowing between miniSD and MicroSD. Its only a few pounds. The gap is getting larger between SD and MicroSD though due to ever larger mainstream 2gb+ sd cards that are flooding the market.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EZlite Micro uses microSD cards, and EZlite Mini uses miniSD, right?

MiniSD cards are much cheaper than microSD. Keep that in mind before buying.

Yes, the micro is for microSD and the mini is for miniSD.

I have both, and I would recommend the miniSD over the microSD. The miniSD has better performance, and the cart has a MUCH better build quality.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wait a second Qrayzie - since when were the both named EZ4 Lite? I always thought the miniSD one was just standard "EZ4" and the microSD one was "EZ4 Lite". Nowhere on my "EZ-Flash IV" box does it mention "Lite". Even the official site labels the miniSD one just as "EZ4".

Perhaps you got a little confused because one store (winsunx) labelled them incorrectly as such?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ha ha ha..yeah.

Need to lay off something..you're right..

EZ-Flash IV
EZ-Flash IV Lite

..back to your regularly scheduled bat-channel.
shy.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. microSD cards are slower than miniSD cards, and therefore there is noticable lag and load time on many games with the Lite. microSD is not as mature a media as mini/regular SD yet. It's not the fault of the EZ-Flash IV Lite, it's the fault of the media.

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
These are just slight lags i loading times.
I never though that my ds games on supercard had slowdowns until using the ez4 lite.
There are slowdowns which may be due to media, but overall, games run at perfect speeds.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes. microSD cards are slower than miniSD cards, and therefore there is noticable lag and load time on many games with the Lite. microSD is not as mature a media as mini/regular SD yet. It's not the fault of the EZ-Flash IV Lite, it's the fault of the media.
Don't make assumptions and state them as fact. There's every chance that it IS the EZ4L at fault, since I remember someone saying even their previous gen EZ4 always skipped on the Castlevania test. We won't know for sure until someone can test micro SD with an M3 Lite/Supercard Lite.

Further, speed benchmarks like this show micro and mini are about on par speed-wise, in fact for read speed micro seems better than mini:

micro - http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/tf_chart.htm
mini - http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/minisd_chart.htm

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't make assumptions and state them as fact. There's every chance that it IS the EZ4L at fault, since I remember someone saying even their previous gen EZ4 always skipped on the Castlevania test. We won't know for sure until someone can test micro SD with an M3 Lite/Supercard Lite.

Further, speed benchmarks like this show micro and mini are about on par speed-wise, in fact for read speed micro seems better than mini:

micro - http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/tf_chart.htm
mini - http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/minisd_chart.htm

I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk down to people here, thank you.

I am one of the few people on the board that owns almost every NDS Kit and a variety of media to test between them. The EZ-Flash IV Lite is not at fault, it's the fault of the media - just like the M3/SuperCard, etc. Poor quality/speed media causes slowdowns, lag and loading times.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with playing any games on the Lite - I haven't experienced that. However, I have experienced lag and slowdowns with getting games to load and watching intro videos, etc.

microSD is an immature format, and intended for such devices as mobile phones - where the speed was not as important as with other devices. Everyone's experience will vary depending on what brand/badged media they get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning