Hacking EZ V 3-in-1

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm attempting to play robopon ring and cross versions with the AKAIO firmware for AK 2.1 with the EZ V 3-in-1. But whenever i go to fuse the batteries together it goes haywire and freezes the game. Any solutions?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Try playing the game in NOR mode, majority of rpg type games use backup memory (thats double the amount of save space it normally uses). The purpose of backup memory is that it backups your current inventory before doing any minigame event, in your case, battery fusing. This is so that you don't lose any save data in the event of a power failure or just turning off the gba.

Either that or the autopatch attempt by AKAIO is interfering with the game events. In that case you would need to use the gba exploader or cory's loader and load the game that way to play the game.

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Try playing the game in NOR mode, majority of rpg type games use backup memory (thats double the amount of save space it normally uses). The purpose of backup memory is that it backups your current inventory before doing any minigame event, in your case, battery fusing. This is so that you don't lose any save data in the event of a power failure or just turning off the gba.

Either that or the autopatch attempt by AKAIO is interfering with the game events. In that case you would need to use the gba exploader or cory's loader and load the game that way to play the game.

Attempting to load via NOR just makes the DS believe the game cartridge isnt inserted. Will edit with further information

Edit: Additionally when i remove the Ak from slot 1, it doesn't recognize that a game was previously played via the 3-in-1 cartridge. It does for games like megaman battle network. Will edit again with further information.

Edit 2: Not sure what i did, but the game will no longer load...

Edit 3: Not sure what happened or what i did but it's suddenly working again, and works fully!

Thanks for your help!

Edit 4: Never mind, i was wrong it glitched again in a different spot. Once again it no longer loads.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have to SRAM patch a game, use the EZ4 Client program to do it. It will give you better compatibility with running on the 3in1. It's not perfect compatibility, just better than any of the generic patchers.

Using any external loader, you should not use any previous save files for the game otherwise you can end up save data bricking the 3in1. Fix for that is to disconnect the battery, then short the connectors for the battery on the pcb, then reconnect the battery.

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
If you have to SRAM patch a game, use the EZ4 Client program to do it. It will give you better compatibility with running on the 3in1. It's not perfect compatibility, just better than any of the generic patchers.

Using any external loader, you should not use any previous save files for the game otherwise you can end up save data bricking the 3in1. Fix for that is to disconnect the battery, then short the connectors for the battery on the pcb, then reconnect the battery.

Damn i think i already did that... How should i short the connectors?

Also... does this EZ4 client work on the acekard?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You only need to use the EZ4 client program to patch gba roms. It doesn't affect anything for acekard.

It is unlikely you would have save data bricked it if you could still write other games to it, the game would lock up at the gameboy logo if you did or would fail to load any previous save during play.

you can short the connectors with anything metal like a paperclip or something.

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what I'd need for this EZ4 client, is it something for the computer? Or would i need the actual EZ4 slot 1 cart?

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, there were so many types of EZ4 clients i was hesitant to download any of them incase it was the wrong one...

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, what does it mean when the game doesn't keep it's save information when you turn off the DS and then load it again? I'm using a patched copy of the cross version.

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not using Ez 4, 3-in-1 remember? Also when i tried using a patched version of ring, while NOR was usable it froze at the same part of the game! I'm pretty much ready to give up on it and buy the original games again.

Should i dump the rom into SRAM before starting a new game?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
same thing happens with the 3in1 and EZ4. your save data is dumped to file after you start it back up.

SRAM is where your save data sits not your game.

I think your one of those people who needs a video to explain things to you better. Try checking dsdatabase.org if there is a video tutorial on how to use this. It might help you if there is one available.

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have an excellent review and explanation of what the 3-in-1 is capable of, but alas no videos on it! Oh and my learning style is geared more towards hands on experience. Last thing, I'm an intern at a tech support center and help a local school to repair their computers. Don't be afraid to go to into explicit details to explain it.

BloodAdept

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad to say but i'm back with the same problem! I've gotten a working version of Robopon 2: Cross but when i patched Robopon 2: Ring it would freeze whenever i went to spark. After that first time it started freezing whenever i would open the menu... Not to mention i've patched both medabot games (not the AX series) and they won't load anything after the gameboy advance logo screen.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your not using a EZ-Flash V you can't use gba cheats.

That means those with Acekard, Cyclyo, R4, etc can't use cheats on gba.

The only way you can cheat with those is to permenantly patch the games with cheats turned on with a program like GBAATM.

You can go here for that: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99334

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need help running ds opera browser with different brand cards i currently using supercard dsonei running evo gui.
also dstt and get the same no ram error message from browser.
tried the 3in1 tools and cannot access browser ram page to set psram for browser.
so im thinking a simpler solution to shell out more moeny just to use this application is to just buy an acecard2 or ezv slot 1 card...but i absolutely love my supercard!

im sure im not the only person with this issue.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO! i have absolutely no idea how to patch anything! im afraid im going to mess up something, and its kinda complicated!
i dont believe its too much to demand better support from card makers! but until they get off their lazyboys i have to beg others to help me.

and exploader is supposed to function with 3 ram menus... s-ram, psram and browser
browser as i am understanding has the option to configure psram set to browser ram AND ITS NOT MENU am at ALL only sram and psram tabs.

what if i just buy a ds browser pack!?

does ds browser gba pack support play gba backup rom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.