Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
OP
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
The long and short of it: in game menu with real-time save and text reader.

Here's windirt (the EZ-Team rep from the "official" EZ-Flash board)'s post (spoilered because it's huge):
EZFlash.cn download
http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/190ob2.rar
GBAtemp download
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3342
Megaupload mirror (thanks Mbmax)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VKA205TW
Zshare mirror (thanks Mbmax)
http://www.zshare.net/download/194630869e2adb99/]here[/url]

add instant save
add instant walkthrough
add individual game setting

instant save compatible not perfect. but acceptable. more develop need.

let's explain how to use the new functions.

first. the new folder
in this version, two folders were added. the "romini" used store every game setting. include the softrerest. cheat option.... etc... "rtssave" store the instant save file and the instant walkthrough file.
----------------------------------------------------
the setting
highlight a new rom, press START or press the Orange button on lower screen. the rom setting window will be popup.
the option list below

Softrest. as it said. enable it to enable softreset and below function
InstantSave as it said.
instantwalkthrough to enable it. the TXT file name must same as the rom name, put in "rtssave" folder. when you enable it. the system will generate the walkthrough file. after generate finish. you can choose the walkthrough display color by press COLOR.
Cheat enable the cheat
Cheat engine choose the cheat engine.
Cheatexistence system will check the available cheat file and database when you choose the cheatengine. if cheat availabe, it shows yes, otherwise no.
setcheatoption click to popup cheat window. choose cheat want to enable. and click top right red button to save and quit.

SAVE. the setting will be saved after you click it. then click top right red button to quit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
instant save

press L+R+A+B in game while the instantsave enabled in setting. the menu will popup. you can save or load( once you saved). you may encouter the noise after you quit the menu. just close the DS lid and reopen. the noise will be gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
instant walkthrough

press L+R+A+B in game while the instantwalkthrough enabled in setting. the menu will popup. scroll to walkthrough and press A. the walkthrough will be displayed. UP an DOWN to scroll. B to quit to game. it will remember which page you readed.
NOTICE to fareast user: you must ensure the txt you put in the rtssave can be read by the EZ5 system internal moonshell txt reader( remember change the language to your native, and the txt save as ANSI, not unicode or utf-8). otherwise you will got only symbols.

two softrest mode.

in rom setting. if only enabled the softrest , no instant save and instantwalkthrouth enabled. you press L+R+A+B will excute the softrest.
once you enabled the instantsave. you must select the reset in the menu after you press L+R+A+B.
If you're anything like me, you'll have a hard time reading through that; no offense to windirt, of course, his English is a whole lot better than my Chinese. So here's my brief summary of the new kernel:
  • per-game settings, somewhat unstable
  • in-game menu, fairly unstable
  • real-time save, highly unstable
  • text reader, untested
  • GBA autopatching, somewhat unstable
  • GBA PSRAM writing, highly unstable
  • GBA multirom, fairly unstable
OVERALL OPINION: Stick with 1.86 for now unless you feel like testing out some of the new, largely non-working features.

And for you readers, here's the long version:

It uses the old grey skin we've all gotten used to, not that fancy blue one from a week or so ago. Instead of the old soft reset/cheat on/off button, we now have a whole menu when you hit the orange button (or press start). In the menu, you can set up whether you want soft reset, RTS, walkthrough (text reader), or cheats on for that particular game. inis are written for all games to save these settings, so if you really like the infinite health cheat for Super Mario 64 DS, you can have it be on by default. Because the cheat settings have been relegated to this menu, games now boot immediately when you hit A instead of the cheat menu popping up.

The menu itself has a hierarchy to it. You can't enable cheats, in game save, etc. without enabling soft reset first. Once soft reset is enabled, you can mess with everything else. With cheats, you first enable them, select which type (CHT or ARDS) then open the cheat menu to select which you want, return to the menu and save your settings. The settings menu has been unstable for a lot of users; some can't exit the cheat screen after enabling cheats, some find the game hangs after enabling cheats and trying to save their settings. Personally, it hasn't given me any problems yet, but YMMV.

The old soft reset shortcut (L+R+A+B) now takes you to the in-game menu, which is spartan and to be honest, doesn't really work for crap. Real-time save is an awesome feature, but it's horrendously unstable at the moment. Both saving and loading cause crashing more often than they succeed. Reset works about as well as it always has (which isn't that well). I haven't tried the walkthrough setting yet, and don't really have any interest in it, so you can wait for somebody else to do it. I can tell you that you need a .txt file with the same filename as your ROM to use it.

On the GBA side, all of the features from 1.8x OB5 are still there, in exactly the same shape as they were in that version. This means that the EZ-V still writes corrupt data to your microSD from the PSRAM section of the 3-in-1, which in my case crashes the EZ-V, making it impossible to flash games to the 3-in-1 without using GBAExpLoader. On the plus side, if you don't get this issue, the kernel still has auto-savepatching and somewhat unstable DAT writing for speeding up the patching process. Multirom works well as long as you don't want to boot games from the loader that is written to the 3-in-1 for use in GBA mode/on a Game Boy Advance/SP/Micro/Player; the loader blows chunks, but you can usually just boot your multirom games from the EZ-V instead.

That's about everything.

This is an exciting time to own an EZ-V, and I'm looking forward to the kinks being ironed out, but for now most users are probably better off with the stable version. None of the features exclusive to this version are working very well, so you aren't missing much by sticking with the stable release.

If you insist, download is here.

undercarris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i find this pretty awesome because this is a huge step for the ezflash V
biggrin.gif

now ez flash can compete against the best flashcards
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-braddu-pitchu-to-sega.652429/ my l ast thread befoe I die (maybe)