Hardware EZ Flash V 3-in-1 issues

Draco5485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a problem with my EZF. I cant get the games to save, it says corrupt game save( in the case of zelda) or to insert backup memory (pokemon). i have the 3 in 1 exp tool and a loader, i cant figure this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Misterboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I *think* I'm having the same problem.

After many hours of research and testing, my best guess is that either the battery in the 3in1 is dodgy or is failing. OR more likely the SRAM which stores save games is corrupt or has a bad connection, etc.

My 3in1 works great for all uses, except for missing or corrupt save games.

After a lot of time and effort I'm sending mine back to the retailer. BTW, my 3in1 is less than a week old.

Draco5485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got mine last night. I was able to get zelda the minish cap to work by using an eeprom patcher but i cant get any of the pokemon games or the other zelda games to work.

Draco5485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. new issue: when i got to play pokemon emerald, ruby, or sapphire it say "internal battery has run dry. the game can still play the came but time based events will not take place." can anyone help me with this?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Draco5485 said:
ok. new issue: when i got to play pokemon emerald, ruby, or sapphire it say "internal battery has run dry. the game can still play the came but time based events will not take place." can anyone help me with this?

"internal battery has run dry"
or
RTC battery is dead

the ez 3-in-1 cant do any RTC stuff

it doesn't have a RTC in it

some game a RTC patch

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 3n1 last week.

When I originally got it, I tested the rumble on one game and it seemed to work fine. Yesterday, I try the same thing and get an error telling me that "there is no rumble pack installed." When I try and load the Opera Browser, it tells me that I must turn off the DS and insert the memory pack. The CycloDS manual claims that it patches the browser automatically to use the 3n1, but that's obviously not working.

The weird thing is, I can still load and play GBA games, and have used Rudolph's NDS Backup tool with no problems.

I have no idea what's going on here... do I need to get Dealwoot to make an exchange?

Draco5485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there antthing i can do to fix this, i really want to play the pokemon games, but the time based events wont happen? if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I've searched somewhere and I need help. It cant do any time events on my ez flash 3in1 plus. do i need to change battery? my ez flash is sparkling brand new and was just stocked by Rocksoftonline. Are all EZ Flash 3in1 have dead battery new or old?

I will try the GBATA patch. where is it?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3-in-1 cannot do time events, it has no clock built in.

So yes, you do need to apply the patches to get clock-based games to work.

GBATA has the rtc patch for Ruby and Sapphire built into it, under the "Clock Fix" tab (see the readme file that comes with GBATA for more info).

For other games, try looking on No Frills for GBA patches.

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got my ez flash from dealwoot today and when i power up my ds it says that there is no cartridge in the GBA slot...tried it on a diff DS and it says the same thing...plus it also says when i try the DS browser that i need to insert the expansion pack and it directs me to power off the DS..

Xetelian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my EZ flash from dealextreme today, didn't work, no option pack inserted ect.

Updated to the beta firm ware and I'm playing FFV advanced as I type.

Maybe you need to update magic_marty?

moabboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magic_marty said:
got my ez flash from dealwoot today and when i power up my ds it says that there is no cartridge in the GBA slot...tried it on a diff DS and it says the same thing...plus it also says when i try the DS browser that i need to insert the expansion pack and it directs me to power off the DS..

Of course it wont because there is nothing on it. You'll either need to copy the ROM to the NOR memory on the 3 in 1, or run it directly in PSRAM. How you do that willl depend on the Slot 1 device you are using. Edited because marty says using EZ flash which is a Slot 1 device, but I suspect he is referring to the 3 in 1 EXPANSION pack for Slot 2. If your Slot 1 device can natively use the Slot 2 expansion, all good. Otherwise google GBA Exploder. Not many Slot 1 devices can use the new features of the EZ Flash V+ expansion, you must use something like GBA Exploder v0.58b.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong