Hacking EZ Flash Omega doesn't work in DS Lite?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I picked up a DS Lite from eBay to replace the one I broke trying to do a shell-swap. The new unit works well but I noticed my EZ Flash Omega doesn't work with it. The DS Lite detects that a GBA cartridge is inside but it detects it as "DS Option Module" and can't boot it. Is this a known issue or do I need a special firmware on the Omega for it to work?

Not that I purchased the DS Lite to play GBA games, I have my GBA SP for that but I wonder why it doesn't work.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That usually speaks to the pins inside the GBA slot or the GBA cart pins being dirty, shorted or broken.

Check the pins to make sure none are bent, got a bit of wire in there shorting something or broken (rare for the GBA slot, more a DS slot thing) and then clean the pins (some electrical contact cleaner if you have it, don't use automotive contact cleaner, insert and remove a cart a few dozen times) and that usually sorts it.

The option pak was a not really done but was likely something that would sit in the GBA slot that was not a GBA game (extra memory, extra data, controller accessory...). If the DS firmware when it boots up fails to detect a proper GBA cart but detects something there it will tend to assume it is that and display accordingly.

Reactions: SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That usually speaks to the pins inside the GBA slot or the GBA cart pins being dirty, shorted or broken.

Check the pins to make sure none are bent, got a bit of wire in there shorting something or broken (rare for the GBA slot, more a DS slot thing) and then clean the pins (some electrical contact cleaner if you have it, don't use automotive contact cleaner, insert and remove a cart a few dozen times) and that usually sorts it.

The option pak was a not really done but was likely something that would sit in the GBA slot that was not a GBA game (extra memory, extra data, controller accessory...). If the DS firmware when it boots up fails to detect a proper GBA cart but detects something there it will tend to assume it is that and display accordingly.

Huh interesting, thanks for the tip! I doubt anything is broken as I tried normal GBA games and they worked like a charm but then I'll clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol