Trophies
XP
Country
China
https://www.ezflash.cn/download

SHA1(ezkernelnew.bin)= 3d642af336845e912c8ee3071812a84812178619

Changelog
Kernel 1.02 and firmware 3
Improved stability, fixed the random freezing issue on some consoles. Fixed the nor unusable issue in firmware 2

firmware 2
Improved stability, fixed the random freezing issue on some consoles. may cause nor unusable. REVOKED

Kernel 1.01 and firmware 1.0
Embedded Goomba has been patched to support GBC rumble games

Resources offsets for skin makers

EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition uses fixed offset at the end of data, skin makers no need to adjust offset every time when kernel updating.

Code:
Address    Size    content
0x0    0x9FFFF    Kernel codes

0x100000    0x2648    gImage_Chinese_manual
0x102648    0x2648    gImage_English_manual
0x104C90    0x12C00    gImage_splash
0x117890    0x12C00    gImage_SD
0x12A490    0x12C00    gImage_NOR
0x13D090    0x12C00    gImage_SET
0x14FC90    0x12C00    gImage_SET2
0x162890    0x12C00    gImage_HELP
0x175490    0x12C00    gImage_RECENTLY
0x188090    0x4B00    gImage_NOTFOUND
0x18CB90    0x1C0    gImage_icon_gba
0x18CD50    0x1C0    gImage_icon_folder
0x18CF10    0x1C0    gImage_icon_other
0x18D0D0    0x1C0    gImage_icon_FC
0x18D290    0x1C0    gImage_icon_GB
0x18D450    0x1C0    gImage_icon _nor
0x18D610    0x6E00    gImage_MENU
0x194410    0x2    color_text
0x194412    0x2    color_selectBG_sd
0x194414    0x2    color_selectBG_nor
0x194416    0x2    color_cheat_black
0x19441C    0x2    color_MENU_btn
0x19441E    0x2    color_selected
0x194420    0x2    color_cheat_count
0x194422    0x2    color_NORFULL
0x194424    0x2    color_btn_clean

0x195000    0x534EC    newomega_top_bin_address

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Nice to see updates. Can't say I have had any freezing on mine but if you solved it for others then great.

There are reports of random freezing on some heavily modded consoles. We have modified some thresholds in the firmware to solve this problem.

phantomapollyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, the DE doesn't work with the GBA consolizer with any of the firmware versions so far. The consolizer only provides power and clock so I'm guessing the issue is to do with either of those.

jer480

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are reports of random freezing on some heavily modded consoles. We have modified some thresholds in the firmware to solve this problem.
My gba agb-001 and my gamecube gba player both freeze after a few minutes of playin Iridion II

fernan1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, the DE doesn't work with the GBA consolizer with any of the firmware versions so far. The consolizer only provides power and clock so I'm guessing the issue is to do with either of those.

I was hoping this firmware update would fix GBA Consolizer compatibility. This is disappointing. Main reason why I have not used my DE.

Does anyone know if the EZ-FLASH team is aware of this incompatibility problem with the GBA Consolizer?

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping this firmware update would fix GBA Consolizer compatibility. This is disappointing. Main reason why I have not used my DE.

Does anyone know if the EZ-FLASH team is aware of this incompatibility problem with the GBA Consolizer?
It's not inherently an incompatibility from the side you think it is, it's more likely bad instructions on the consolizer with increased load on the components (which the flash cart also does due to how it functions) and the problem is likely resolved by just upgrading power supply and possibly a capacitor or two, at worse maybe replace a vreg for a newer, higher quality replacement somewhere.

I'd assist in coming up with a solution but I don't own a consolized gba, so all I could suggest is look at the schematics and try come up with a solution, I'd try swapping out the electrolytic CP2(? should be 100uf) for a similarly sized 330uf and see if it corrects the booting problem, but then again you'd also need to check voltage on the cart slot, perhaps the consolizer output is just pulling the voltage too low for the flash cart. Again can't be entirely positive. Best of luck though!

*edit Have you also informed the creators of the consolizer kit that their kit isn't compatible with an ezflash jr? They should realistically better understand the consolizer to the degree of being able to inform you how to fix it manually.

Last edited by DrunkenMonk,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China

If we could find someone in China who had this and who was willing to donate it to us for research, we could solve the problem in a few days, but the fact is we've asked our user community and they haven't even heard of it.

So for this very niche product compatibility, you'll just have to keep waiting until we get a free sample.

Divineheresy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my definitive edition this afternoon. I'll test it on my gba consolizer once I wake up. I don't see why it would have an issue given its on official gba hardware though.

Divineheresy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm the Definitive Edition doesn't run on my GBA consolizer. It boots to where it says Game Boy but no Nintendo logo below it and sits at that screen.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can confirm the Definitive Edition doesn't run on my GBA consolizer. It boots to where it says Game Boy but no Nintendo logo below it and sits at that screen.
Because it's likely power related, during certain actions of the DE cart, it can draw quite a bit of excess power, enough to drop the voltage across the entire system - coupled with the consolizer kit also probably not supplying enough current, causing a voltage drop. Are you powering the system with a usb 2.0 from a TV or similar? If so have you tried a decent rated usb wall wart (1.5-2a)

Divineheresy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using USB from my multiout wall adapter. It's got a couple of USB plugs in it, I could use a USB power brick into a wall jack and see if the result changes.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using USB from my multiout wall adapter. It's got a couple of USB plugs in it, I could use a USB power brick into a wall jack and see if the result changes.
Could power it with a power bank if you've got any of those handy too since they should be able to accomodate the current increase.

I'd be interested to see if it worked with some AA batteries in there for the power opposed to the power going through the kit (though I really don't know enough about the kits. But I see they aren't created to be very versatile, nor do they have any mitigations for the increased current... I'd hope to assume there's no audio buzzing caused by the kit too, right?)

Last edited by DrunkenMonk,

Divineheresy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could power it with a power bank if you've got any of those handy too since they should be able to accomodate the current increase.

I'd be interested to see if it worked with some AA batteries in there for the power opposed to the power going through the kit (though I really don't know enough about the kits. But I see they aren't created to be very versatile, nor do they have any mitigations for the increased current... I'd hope to assume there's no audio buzzing caused by the kit too, right?)

I have a bunch of Samsung charging adapters I use for my phone, assuming those would work.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same result. No changes. Works totally fine on my EZ-flash Omega though.
Yeah to be expected, the definitive edition is more feature-rich and does consume a little more power. I'll do some digging into the figures later today when I wake up and hopefully get back to you (though I don't have an original EZ Flash Omega to reference, but I can test the power draw differences of a JR, the DE and some regular carts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1