1. bezzie

OP bezzie Newbie
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    I know it can't be used yet, but I think adding a option for a "reset to game" in the menu would make this work (or something similar) other flashcarts have this and through that you can use reset the cart and the Super Game Boy will automatically recognize which game it is since it has been flashed to the cart before.

Attached Files:

2. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Really? That would be amazing, I have been waiting for a long time for Super Gameboy enhancements support, I will make a clone of you post in the EZ Flash thread.

3. Droid69420

Droid69420 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    please do this, I have a snes just so I can play gameboy games, and I'm really bummed I can't use the enhanced pallets

4. mariotaotao

mariotaotao Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Since sd2snes had superboy core, you don't have to use superboy and cartridge to play normal gameboy games

5. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    But that's emulation and NOT original hardware. Also, the SD2SNES is quite an expensive product.

All in all, completely different markets here. I am waiting for super gameboy support, so I can have original games using the original super gameboy enhancements through the Flash Junior.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    If you want a flashcart for your Game Boy chances are you would want one for your SNES as well, so the markets are not that dissimilar :P

7. mariotaotao

mariotaotao Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    I think the SGB core makes sd2snes emulate real super gameboy hardware, because they have same compatible list, even they have same bugs, If you don't need multiplayer with gameboy hardware or pocket camera, pocket printer feature, sd2snes is an extra choice

8. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    All emulators emulate real hardware. Your point? Also, can you insert a real cart or in this case a flash junior into the SD2SNES? No.

We are talking different things here. Flash Junior is meant for real hardware, if we wanted gameboy games emulated on our CRT TV's we would use a Wii or an original Xbox.

This is about real hardware, not emulation (super Gameboy is an actual gameboy and Flash junior is a cart everdrive), and that's why we bought the damn thing! (Flash Junior).

Last edited by nashismo, Aug 17, 2020
  9. mariotaotao

mariotaotao Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    My point is concerning about gaming experience. As I know the FPGA emulate real hardware, so we could play games like we're using the original device. either SD2SNES or EZ Junior cartridge do the same thing. It's different than soft emulation. I already have SGB2 and GB flash cards like EZ Junior, EDGB, smart card, In my opinion the flash cartridge and ODE make modern and convenient way for retro gaming, I don't have to use all the original hardware for gaming if I got same gaming experience. Of course I will happy to see EZ team can fix Junior's compatibility with SGB, I've already asked the feature before just like you, but they always reply like they don't have SGB yet and want somebody to supply them one :teach:

Last edited by mariotaotao, Aug 17, 2020
  10. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Yes it sucks, and it is quite ridiculous that these devs don't have a simple and cheap super gameboy around to test. Also, I did not know it was FPGA, that's different. Still, even if is FPGA, sometimes is not 100% accurate, specially when we talk about sound (but it eventually gets perfected).

Are you sure the SD2SNES is using FPGA though?? (for Gameboy) If that's the case I would sell my SNES everdrive and my Flash Junior and get that!!

Thank you Mariotaotao, when you have time please post back ;)

11. mariotaotao

mariotaotao Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Yes, a cool guy modified the latest sd2snes firmware and add SGB support, sd2snes also may run satellite games or sufami turbo games without real hardware attach on the console, I think that's all about FPGA technology. That made SD2SNES become a multi-purpose cartridge.
    I only use Junior on handheld consoles and NGC gameboy player, it's cheap anyway.
    Enjoy gaming, my friend :yaysp:

12. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Oh very nice! I have also read that even chinese clones work just fine! Can you confirm this Mariotao? Cheers

13. mariotaotao

mariotaotao Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Yes, it does.
    You should confirm that the cartridge may run the latest 1.10.3 firmware to the seller

Last edited by mariotaotao, Aug 18, 2020
    nashismo likes this.
  14. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    Stupid question probably, but... Is there a way to inject GB ROMS into a Super Gameboy ROM, and load it on the SNES using SD2SNES?

15. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--

Germany
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - enhancements, Junior, Flash