1. EZ-Flash2

OP EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China
    http:/www.ezflash.cn/download

This is the most stable and compatible version so far. All users are recommended to upgrade

Changelog

FW3 K1.03
    Improved game compatibility
    Added the support of MBC1M Multicart

K1.02
    Fixed some logical error in last played game.

FW2 K1.01
    Fixed some game compatibility
    Optimize the limited number of files and directories
    Fixed some file display issues
    Added a Reading interface
    Added a Loading interface
    Added the support of MBC30 64KB SAVE
    Added AUTO SAVE in SET tab
    Checked = Backup the save to SD every time automatically when kernel booting up
    Unchecked = Kernel will ask every time when kernel booting up, cancel backup may cause you to lose the last play record

Added last played game Press START in file browser to activate, Press A to launch, B to cancel.

2. mariotaotao

mariotaotao Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Thanks for the updates!
    Is there a way to fast reset current loading game? I found it has to press the hard reset button on EZJ to reading the cartridge on SGB,the problem is when pressing the button, the cartridge do a full reset and the SGB cannot recognize the game if it has SGB extend stuff, like the artwork frames or enhance color, some multicart cartridge or flashcart can do it by pressing the reset button on SFC. I hope you can understand what I mean, it's not a bug anyway, just hoping the cartridge could run on other consoles with full compatibility. Thanks again for the hardwork

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. EZ-Flash2

China
    you have to wait us to get a working sgb/2 set. it is too rare to find in China. the exist are holding in the collector's hand. anyway, just wait.

4. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Are there any plans to improve the menu speed? The menu feels rather slow and when scrolling pages, you can notice that the menu takes quite some while to populate the new page compared to other flashcards on the market which list the content pretty much instanteneous.

Are there any plans to include future feature enhancements like cheats or possibly even savestates?

5. SmellyGhost

SmellyGhost Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Are there any plans to add support 4MB MBC30?

Unofficially MBC30 is capable of addressing 4MB of ROM similar to how it is capable of addressing 64KB of RAM. I can't say for certain if or when it would happen but I've heard talks of 4MB ROM hacks of games like Pokemon Crystal as double the ROM space would allow for quite a bit of expansion.

See this video for an example of 4MB MBC30:

Thanks!

6. EZ-Flash2

China
    Did I forget write it in the changelog?

7. makho

makho Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tested it and 4MB MBC30 (MBC3) ROMs don't seem to work still, even on the newest firmware.

MizuhoChan and SmellyGhost like this.
  8. SmellyGhost

SmellyGhost Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Like makho said the 4MB MBC30 test ROM does not pass even on the newest firmware.

[​IMG]

Here is the result on the current firmware as you can see the upper half of banks cannot be addressed.

Here's the ROM file and its source code if you're interested in looking.

https://github.com/EricKirschenmann/MBC3-Tester-gb/releases/tag/v1.0

All it does is try to address 256 banks and draws a check mark for pass and an F for fail on the specific bank.

Thanks!

MizuhoChan and makho like this.
  9. EZ-Flash2

China
    where and what is this 4MB MBC30 game? is it an official one? do other flashcards support it?

10. makho

makho Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    There are no games yet. The test file is linked above in Smelly-Ghost's post. The ROM works on actual hardware (MBC30 based flash cart with MBM29F033C "ROM" chip) but so far not on any flash carts. I've only tested carts with RTC since an equivalent MBC5 ROM should work fine. Everdrive X7 also fails.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Firmware, released, Kernel