Hacking EZ Flash IV vs. Kingston 2GB

monzamess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two EZ Flash IV carts. I use microSD cards with them through micro-mini SD adapters.

I have two "generic" microSDs, 2GB and 128MB. All combinations of my two EZ Flash carts, adapters, and these microSDs work. I tried them all.

However, I have two 2GB Kingston microSD that will NOT work with the EZ Flash. I get the "Can't find disc" error. These cards were bought at different times and places; one came from a local retail store so I don't think it's a fake. I tried reformatting (FAT) several times, etc. One of the cards came up ONCE, but then failed. All other times I got "can't read disc."

These Kingston microSDs DO work fine in the computer and in the Acekard, but not the EZ Flash.

Is there something I can do, or are they just not going to work together?

I know, just go buy a different memory card, but now I have to satisfy my curiosity...

monzamess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followup: It's failing again. I think it's simply a physical problem, as these Kingston 2GB cards are thinner than other micro SDs and probably just aren't making good contact in the device. I'll just get another type of microSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2