EZ Flash and Pokemon Games

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by tguk611, Jan 20, 2013.

Jan 20, 2013

EZ Flash and Pokemon Games by tguk611 at 2:21 AM (2,284 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. tguk611
    OP

Newcomer tguk611 Newbie

United States
    Hi I have a 3DSXL, DSi, and DS and I wanted to get a flash cart that can emulate gba games and was originally going to get the supercardDSTwo. But if I wanted to play some pokemon games and trade them over to one of my diamond or pearl games I wouldn't be able to so I started looking up this EZ flash IV or the 3 in 1 expansion pack and was wondering if anyone knows if you can use features that would allow you to trade pokemon between games with either of the 2. Also what are the advantages on getting the EZ Flash IV over the 3 in 1 expansion pack.

2. TyBlood13

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    I BELIEVE that the 3 in 1 will let you do this, correct me if I'm wrong someone.
    But the EZ-Flash IV won't let you trade Pokemon up for sure

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Trade via link cable should be possible but you might have to patch it using some older types of patches or plain SRAM (no cheats or soft rest)

Trading up using pal park was it requires patches. Cory1492 made a set of patches for various flash carts (definitely including the 3 in 1 and EZ4)
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-pokepatch-42-f27240.html
    Naturally you can not patch a real DS ROM image but you can grab a save from one, do the deed and put it back. Personally unless you are especially enamoured with pokewalkers use a ROM on a DS cart.

Option 2- use an emulator on the PC. Methods to do it with desmume exist if you can grab saves from the DS and GBA games.

4. tguk611
    OP

Newcomer tguk611 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the info Fast. I'm going to be playing all on roms I have the real games but I beat them all and don't want to erase my files so I'm going to play them all on roms this time. I was just about to get an ez flash until I saw a thread about something called gba extend which is an option that can be used with the DSTwo. But not much information was posted on the thread so I want to find out if that option alone will let me use pal park with just the DSTwo cart and no slot 2 expansion. So now I'm stuck on the EZ flash or the DSTwo until I find out some more info. I know the EZFlash will prob play the games a little more smoothly than the emulator in the DSTwo but I also wouldn't have to use my original DS to play the games and would be able to play them on my 3DSXL also the DSTwo would be a significant upgrade to my r4i. but thanks for the patches cause I still might get the EZ Flashes if I don't find any more info on this gba extend option for the DSTwo.

5. MarcSchiffres

Newcomer MarcSchiffres Newbie

I didn't even know it was possible to play Pokemon GBA games on a 3-in-1. Mine freezes up on the loading screen. And I can run all other games just fine (any game on my AceKard, and any non-Pokemon game on my EZFlash, like FFVI).

6. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Nearly all pokemon games require being flashed to NOR, you likely flashed it to PSRAM instead.

Read the wiki on NOR or see picture below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]