ez flash 4 with r4?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by grimmjow45, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009

ez flash 4 with r4? by grimmjow45 at 6:03 PM (690 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. grimmjow45
    OP

Newcomer grimmjow45 Newbie

United States
    will the ez flash 4 work with the r4? and is the ez flash a good gba cart?

2. hacker07

Banned hacker07 Banned

Antarctica
    Yeah the ezflash 3in1 will

3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    He's talking about the EZ Flash IV not the EZ Flash V 3-in-1. The difference is that the EZ Flash IV is a standalone slot 2 flashcart with microSD/miniSD capabilities (depending on which version you get) and does not need a slot 1 flashcart to work. GBA compatibility is top-notch with the exceptions being the few games that requires RTC (Real Time Clock) or some kind of peripheral. Most of these games can be patched to work with the EZ Flash IV though so there's no need to worry.

4. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Is that why it says the battery in Pokemon Ruby (GBA) has run dry? I wouldn't play a nerds game I just saw that once

5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Yes, the game assumes that the battery is dead when there actually were none from the beginning.

6. grimmjow45
    OP

Newcomer grimmjow45 Newbie

United States
    so i dont need anything else like those pass carts or anything? i could just buy the ez flash 4 and ill be set?

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    For GBA stuff, yes, just the EZ-IV will work fine. If you need to boot it in DS mode at all, you can use your R4 to act as as a NoPass. Unless of course you don't already have a slot-1 device, in which case I'd advise against the R4 at all costs.

8. Riquerico

Newcomer Riquerico Newbie

Brazil
    I also have a R4 and a DS "Fat" model and I'm planning to buy the EZ Flash IV to run only GBA games. My question is: will I be able to boot the EZ-F IV from the R4 main menu using the "Boot Slot-2" function? Or will I need to remove the R4 from my DS?
    Sorry if this was already answered in this topic, but I'm not really used to flashcarts yet.

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]